Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS-Type 4 heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
inaminit
For sale-a pair of type 4 heads just back from the machine shop. Cleaned, and the valves are done. $450 plus shipping from 29910Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
63ratster
QUOTE(inaminit @ Mar 13 2022, 08:45 AM) *

For sale-a pair of type 4 heads just back from the machine shop. Cleaned, and the valves are done. $450 plus shipping from 29910Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Great looking cylinder heads! Are they from a 1.7 or 1.8? And can you give the casting #'s? Thanks
inaminit
I have no info on which kind of engine they came from. No visible casting number either. I got them as extra parts with a basket case 912E engine, but the exhaust outlet on these are smaller than the 2.o E heads
914Sixer
Looks like I see AMC stamped on the head between the two inboard pushrod tubes.
Al Meredith
What do you mean when you say " the exhaust looks smaller than the 912E " ? I'm interested but don't want bus heads. Al
inaminit
AMC is cast on to the sides. I looked AMC up-they seem to be a source for bus engine parts. So- these are probably not suitable for a 914 application. Sorry for my confusion!
smveril
QUOTE(inaminit @ Mar 16 2022, 02:15 PM) *

AMC is cast on to the sides. I looked AMC up-they seem to be a source for bus engine parts. So- these are probably not suitable for a 914 application. Sorry for my confusion!

Are they for a 2 liter bus.?
mgphoto
These look to be 1.7/1.8 heads, the valves would be the only difference between a 914 and a bus motor (more torque).
About 10 years ago I had a set of AMC heads reworked into 2L heads.
They were a great investment at the time.

Click to view attachment

Measure the valves, the sizes for 914 are easy to find.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.