Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 Zenith 40TIN carbs for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DaveO90s4
Hi all,

I have a pair of triple down draft Zenith 40 TIN carbs for sale. These were, I believe, original equipment on a 6-cyl 2.2L Porsche engine. I had them overhauled ($1,000 - I think I was ripped off!!) and ran them on my 2.8L flat 6 engine for a couple of years. I have now converted that engine in my 914 to fuel injection (using Triumph Daytona FI throttle bodies) so I no longer need these carbs. The carbs include spare venturis (32 or 34 from memory) plus various other jets. The car ran well when I removed these carbs so I have no reason to believe that they have anything wrong with them. I would expect they would need to be tuned for any particular engine - ie select the correct required jets etc. By the way, parts for these are readily available from 'alfa1750' in Italy.

I am in Australia and purchaser would need to pay freight. If anyone wants more info, photos of carbs, etc then pls let me know by email doverington@ozemail.com.au.

Am I required to list a price? I don't know what they are worth - but I know that they are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them, so I am very pragmatic about what they may fetch. So, lets say $914 the pair but I won't be offended if someone offers less. I am keen to have them sold within a week or so.

Cheers all

DaveO
Brisbane, Australia
nditiz1
Sending PM
DaveO90s4
Pm received. Replied by pm. DaveO
fduval
Email sent , thks
Bullethead
@DaveO90s4 , you're giving them away... and might want to do a price search.
DaveO90s4
@bullethead , you may well be correct. But US $914 is about Aus$ 1,200. If some nice person gets a really good deal at that price then that’s fine with me. Of course, if someone insists on paying more I would not object ha ha

Cheers
DaveO
nditiz1
I'm not sure if it's an awesome deal, maybe just a fair deal.

The carbs do not include the intakes and they do not include the crossbar linkage.

If needed to buy new, partsklassik has the crossbar for $240. Used intakes are probably $200, if you're lucky. Then add in the shipping, triples are not light. I would think at least $100. That's $540 on top. I checked ebay and there is a set that came off a running car for $1750 with intakes and linkage.
DaveO90s4
Nditz1 is correct. These CARBURETTORS do not include the inlet manifold that bolts to the engine. They do not include cross linkages (for my corvair application I never had the 911 setup). They also do not include cylinder heads or pistons or valves or crankshaft or gearbox. They include a pair of Zenith 40 TIN CARBURETTORS (as advertised).

Sale pending.
nditiz1
Not sure why you felt the need to state they don't include the "cylinder heads or pistons or valves or crankshaft or gearbox."

If you would have just posted the pics in the beginning of the ad that you sent it could have cleared up any confusion.

In any case I am going to bow out of any claim I did have.
DaveO90s4
Carbs now sold.

Cheers all

DaveO
porschetub
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Mar 16 2022, 05:07 AM) *

@DaveO90s4 , you're giving them away... and might want to do a price search.

agree.gif I spent at least 25hrs rebuilding mine plus bench setup time,with 2 rebuild kits and other wear parts its not really cheap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.