Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - LANCE ARMSTRONG
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott Carlberg
the SEVEN-time AND Defending Tour de France winner
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

and
Arguably the GREATEST Athlete in the world today

will be on the Late Show with David Letterman tonite!
spare time toys
Ill be watching [if I can stay awake] blink.gif
scrz914
Ill be watching [if I can stay awake]

TiVo my man, TiVo
scruz914
I am usually awake to watch Leno or Letterman depending on their guests. Guess I know which show I am going to watch tonight!
Mueller
am I being unpatriotic in saying "who gives a hoot"???

tired of Lance this, Lance that.......... hide.gif
grantsfo
Cool! OLN has a post event interview with him tommorrow at 8 PM ET.
sgomes
No, you are not being unpatriotic Mike. Lance is arguably the most doped athlete in recorded history. The biking world hates that guy.

Did you know he (and his team!) have failed doping tests three times!!! THREE!!! So why hasn't anything been done about it? The guy is a thug! That's why! He simply refuses to let his team take the follow-up tests that would in-able them to be banned. Pretty simple really! Then he goes after anyone who claims he is taking drugs.... sues them into giving up.

And don't get me going about what he did to Greg LeMonde.... ar15.gif
Brett W
Did you know he (and his team!) have failed doping tests three times!!! THREE!!! So why hasn't anything been done about it? The guy is a thug! That's why! He simply refuses to let his team take the follow-up tests that would in-able them to be banned. Pretty simple really! Then he goes after anyone who claims he is taking drugs.... sues them into giving up.

And don't get me going about what he did to Greg LeMonde

I am calling BS until I see the proof. If a rider fails a drug test he either takes another or he is through. There is no option to refuse the test. Lemond is a sore loser who was a has-been back then. He couldn't do what team Postal/Discover has done and so he is whining about it.

Armstrong and Postal/Discovery have done more for US cycling than anyone else. NOw that being said. I was kinda ill that OLN and the rest of the country didn't focus a little more the rest of the team's accomplishments pissoff.gif
redshift
QUOTE (Mueller @ Aug 1 2005, 09:19 PM)
am I being unpatriotic in saying "who gives a hoot"???

tired of Lance this, Lance that.......... hide.gif

The fact that we are at war with a global terrorist movement really makes me not care about infotainment.

smile.gif

M
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE (sgomes @ Aug 1 2005, 06:50 PM)
No, you are not being unpatriotic Mike. Lance is arguably the most doped athlete in recorded history. The biking world hates that guy.

And don't get me going about what he did to Greg LeMonde.... ar15.gif

Actually Shannon,

Lance has taken well over 300 (THREE HUNDRED) tests and has NEVER
been found "doped" as you called him.

"the biking world hates that guy" ohmy.gif

Are YOU on Dope Shannon?
Did you NOT see rider, after rider on the last day of the Tour come up to Lance
to Congratulate/ride next to him one last time?

Do you personally know how many times Greg LeMond has personally given
Lance a drug test? LeMond was a Great American rider, but for him to say
Lance was on drugs, WITHOUT one positive test....
is HORSESHIT!

Christ, all I was trying to do here, with my OFF TOPIC thread was to tell
some of you that Lance was going to be on a TV show....
and now I'M pissed off!

YES, everyone is entitled to their opinion,
but to say something like he's a Doper, again, WITHOUT EVER being found
Positive is unreal.

Oh yeah....
and the Oakland A's won again tonite! biggrin.gif
redshift
Thank God they weren't consumed in a terrorist's bombing!

M
sgomes
Lance is doped to high-heaven

I'm trying to find the link to Lance's red blood cell count. It shows a CLEAR peak ONLY during the months surrounding the tour. Oh there are lots of ways of peaking up your red blood cell count..one of which is sleeping in a low-oxygen tent.. something previously banned by the Tour....and which Lance admits he does!!! Oh and of course EPO.... which the results of are not public! How convienient!

Oh and then there was '99...

[/B]Scott claims...

Quote: Lance has taken well over 300 (THREE HUNDRED) tests and has NEVER

But unfortunately in reality...[B]

And in 1999, when it was revealed Armstrong tested positive for a corticosteroid after denying it, he had a tense exchange at a press conference with a Le Monde reporter who asked him whether he was truthful in his denial or if he had used a corticoid. "So, Mr. Le Monde," Armstrong shot back, "Are you calling me a liar, or are you calling me a doper?" Armstrong's team produced a medical certificate for the product, a topical cream, and he was never sanctioned. In LA Confidential, Walsh asserts, through former Postal soigneur Emma O'Reilly, that the certificate was produced after the fact as a cover.

Quoted from www.tourdefrancenews.com of all places!

Read the facts before you go off...
sgomes
Oh and I forgot...what I was refering to with Greg Lemonde.... Greg spoke out finally against Lance. Lance promptly bought Greg's bike company and then slapped him with an order to keep quiet under the umbrella of "company trade secrets"..

Too bad for Lance it didn't apply to Greg's wife! lol....

"LA Confidential: The Secrets of Lance Armstrong" by David Walsh ...unfortunantly once again Lance-the-thug was able to get the book blocked from publishing in the U.S. but it is available in Europe.
smg914
Gomes......Hmmmm......doesn't sound French.
grantsfo
QUOTE (sgomes @ Aug 1 2005, 09:11 PM)
Lance is doped to high-heaven

I'm trying to find the link to Lance's red blood cell count.  It shows a CLEAR peak ONLY during the months surrounding the tour.  Oh there are lots of ways of peaking up your red blood cell count..one of which is sleeping in a low-oxygen tent.. something previously banned by the Tour....and which Lance admits he does!!!  Oh and of course EPO.... which the results of are not public!  How convienient!

Oh and then there was '99...

[/B]Scott claims...

Quote: Lance has taken well over 300 (THREE HUNDRED) tests and has NEVER

But unfortunately in reality...[B]

And in 1999, when it was revealed Armstrong tested positive for a corticosteroid after denying it, he had a tense exchange at a press conference with a Le Monde reporter who asked him whether he was truthful in his denial or if he had used a corticoid. "So, Mr. Le Monde," Armstrong shot back, "Are you calling me a liar, or are you calling me a doper?" Armstrong's team produced a medical certificate for the product, a topical cream, and he was never sanctioned. In LA Confidential, Walsh asserts, through former Postal soigneur Emma O'Reilly, that the certificate was produced after the fact as a cover.

Quoted from www.tourdefrancenews.com of all places!

Read the facts before you go off...

Your "facts" are hardly accurate either. You quote an article from a "want to be engineer/sports writer" who skewd many of his "facts" to paint an ugly portrait of this incredible athlete. Why not, it makes for colorful article that might get published by some gossip rag! Testing positive for corticosteroid in 1999 with a good excuse doesnt make Lance a doper as you conclude. Corticosteroid is used for treating saddle sores which can be a real problem for road riders and I believe that his team did accidently use this without knowledge that it would be a problem or thought they could slide by since it was being used topically. The accusations about Strock and Lance being coached by the same guy while drugs were being adminsitered is false. Greg Strock said this happened back in 1990 for one year when he was a Junior. If you read Velo news you would have known that!

The facts are Lance passed tests established by Tour officials that other riders were expelled for due to positve tests. All the doping accusations are unsupported and make for flashy headlines that sell papers and books.

Most who understand this sport realize that the physical aspect is not even close to the mental focus and team work required to win the tour. Lance and his teams redifined the sport in many ways beyond his physical abilities as well.

If you had any sense of what surgery, chemo and radiation does to your body just the fact that Lance came back to a professional level in this sport is an incredible feat. Why cheapen his accomplishment by slandering him with unsupported doping claims? I'm sorry but some French and English guys who are selling a "tell all book" about Lance isnt a good source - they were just making a buck, like the people at the Star. They both pretty much admitted that when pressed and said the book was all based on circumstaintial evidence. Lance is one of the most respected cyclists I have known. Anyone who has raced recognizes him as an incredible athlete. It seems people who dont know the sport well like to grab on to this sensationalized doping stuff and say he was a "cheater".

....Oh yes "bikers" typically ride motorcycles. Competitive cyclists ride in the Tour De France. biggrin.gif
Lance does have a good reputation amongst cyclists. I wouldnt know what bikers think of him. wink.gif

Also what is your source for Lance the thug buying rights to Greg Lemond's (not Greg Lemonde) bikes to shut him up? I had always thought Trek bought those rights. Maybe Trek had a problem with Lemond bad mouthing one of their star riders without any supporting evidence? People who line up on the Lemond side of this arguement like to forget that with every tour win Lance added the Lemond Franchise was losing significant money. Lemond and his wife had a significant financial interest in going along with the doping allegations.
redshift
:poopcorn:

smile.gif

:sheepshagger:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.