Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 going Cheap--Lien Sale Auction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Robarabian
Not my car. I got the info from a source. There is a 72 914 Chalon body car with a V-6 Chevy (think fiero motor) conversion. I went and looked at it today. Has a 5 lug conversion with 3 944 phone dials and one steelie.

Frunk has a pretty decent and professionally done radiator setup. Car has aftermarket seats. The story is that it was parked in the San Fernando Valley, impounded, and the owner bought it back once before. It got snagged again, and it will go under 1000, as it only went for a few hundred last time around.

Has aftermarket seats but is pretty complete. I didn't pull the dipstick but I bet with some major cleaning and a resurrection, it will go. I looked underneath and it has a side shifter 901. I didn't crawl around enough to look for rust in the longs etc., but the frunk was not rusty and neither was the trunk. Had door handles, window mechanisms, amber Hella tail lenses. Somebody threw a rock through the rear glass, but the rest of it was intact.

The auctions this Saturday, and you have to be there in person to bid. There is also a pretty rough 944, 1983.

Here are photos and a link to the tow company website.

http://jonstowinginc.com/product/1972pors914/ Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
2mAn
Probably a good thing that Im out of town this weekend haha
Robarabian
For those of you that feel bad that you might be taking the car from someone, it came in as an "abandoned" vehicle this time. So it appears that after the owner got it out the last time around, he has gone from the area. The story is that he had several cars and would park them and move them and park them and move them etc... Apparently whatever he had is now in the car jail.

I have to believe it drives since it was parked on the street and got there without a tow truck... just sayin.
MM1
Rare to see two V6 - 914 swaps posted on the World at the same time.
Chris H.
That could be a really fun project. Hope it ends up in the hands of someone here. Parts are worth at least $1k in case there are hidden structural issues. Save that old girl!
73-914
There is a 72 914 Chalon body car with a V-6 Chevy (think fiero motor) conversion.

Looks like a 4.3 90deg V6
Robarabian

I was told it sold at $1,900. I hope someone who bought it is going to rescue it. I did grab the VIN for later entry into our VIN database.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Mar 19 2022, 02:17 PM) *

I was told it sold at $1,900. I hope someone who bought it is going to rescue it. I did grab the VIN for later entry into our VIN database.

smilie_pokal.gif
Always interesting if the VIN was previously entered; you can still add a second entry though.
Robarabian
Apparently the bidder backed out and the car is back for sale tomorrow at 9:00 am, same tow yard.

Someone can get it cheaper than 1,900 for sure..
Robarabian
It didn't sell at lien...

It is on FB Marketplace now.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/6...475408896%22%7D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.