Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
sjhenry1075
Hey everyone..

I took my car to a friends shop to have a few things repaired, including my trunk hinge. In the process he fabricated new hinge rollers for me. He made them out of ABS plastic which he says is stronger than what came off of it. He made 10 extra pairs so if anyone is interested he is selling them for $25 / pair including shipping.

He also fabricated a new hinge removal tool, the one with the slot in it to make it easier to move the torsion spring. He has extra of those as well and is selling those for $50 including shipping.

I'm including a pic of the rollers and will add a pic of the hinge tool when he provides one.

Let me know if you're interested.
Shivers
He did a really nice job, not a bad price. Though free shipping is offered, and at 10.75 a piece for genuine porsche at pelican...Maybe he could sharpen his pencil a bit.
sjhenry1075
QUOTE(Shivers @ Mar 18 2022, 09:01 AM) *

He did a really nice job, not a bad price. Though free shipping is offered, and at 10.75 a piece for genuine porsche at pelican...Maybe he could sharpen his pencil a bit.

I see what you're saying; however, the ones offered from Pelican for $10.75 are OEM plastic. OEM is made from ABS, where true ABS is a lot stronger and will last longer and keep it's shape better than OEM, that's why he priced them as he did. Also, to qualify for free shipping through Pelican you have to spend a certain amount, which just the two rollers would not exceed.

No worries though, thanks for the comment.
Jett
QUOTE(sjhenry1075 @ Mar 18 2022, 06:18 AM) *

QUOTE(Shivers @ Mar 18 2022, 09:01 AM) *

I see what you're saying; however, the ones offered from Pelican for $10.75 are OEM plastic. OEM is made from ABS, where true ABS is a lot stronger and will last longer and keep it's shape better than OEM, that's why he priced them as he did. Also, to qualify for free shipping through Pelican you have to spend a certain amount, which just the two rollers would not exceed.

No worries though, thanks for the comment.

The Porsche OEM are also a different design now… These are much closer to the original design. I do believe that 914Rubber sell a similar set, not sure the cost.
viaverde
can you share a picture of the trunk hinge "tool"? ... I've been looking over the options.
thanks
Gene
scallyk9
I'd be interested in the trunk tool and rollers! Love to see a photo of the trunk tool when available.
sjhenry1075
I’ll provide a picture tomorrow!
rosenfe
I’ll take the hing tool. I’ll send a pm in the morning
sjhenry1075
Quick update everyone. There will now be a package available for $65 (including shipping) that includes new rollers, the tool, and a set of instructions. I’ll also be posting a video soon of the tool in action (on my car). Let me know if you’re interested. And yes, a pic of the tool is still coming.
mepstein
Does it look like this?
sjhenry1075
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 19 2022, 10:22 AM) *

Does it look like this?

Not exactly like that, but it does have a notch in it. He repaired my trunk hinge and made a tool to put the bar back on the roller.
rosenfe
I sent you a pm
rosenfe
I sent a pm earlier. Have you gotten it?
sjhenry1075
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Mar 19 2022, 07:03 PM) *

I sent a pm earlier. Have you gotten it?

Yes, I responded
sjhenry1075
Here is a pic of the tool. The piece next to it can be used to pry the bar up to allow you to put the tool on it. As I said previously, the set is $50 including shipping.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.