Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuse panel findings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
robkammer
Hi Teeners. For those of you who have seen everything 914 related, please have a look at the hack connection I found on the back of my fuse panel. I'm assuming this is the hazard relay? Why would it have needed a half assed jumper like this? My flashers do not work by the way, but I believe everything else does. I feel like I'm jumping into a rat hole here.
I also found another hack attached to the #8 fuse that ran to the non functioning A/C, I pulled that off the board.
Any and all input is appreciated, not judged!
ThanksClick to view attachment
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(robkammer @ Mar 18 2022, 01:49 PM) *

Hi Teeners. For those of you who have seen everything 914 related, please have a look at the hack connection I found on the back of my fuse panel. I'm assuming this is the hazard relay? Why would it have needed a half assed jumper like this? My flashers do not work by the way, but I believe everything else does. I feel like I'm jumping into a rat hole here.
I also found another hack attached to the #8 fuse that ran to the non functioning A/C, I pulled that off the board.
Any and all input is appreciated, not judged!
ThanksClick to view attachment

That is actually the high/low beam relay. The hack is probably to make it work with the replacement relay that has an extra pin.

And it is a crap hack.....

There is a thread somewhere on here that will tell you how to fix it right.

Clay
mepstein
Better to deal with it now than some night far from home.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 18 2022, 02:55 PM) *

Better to deal with it now than some night far from home.

What a fine stromberg.gif show that "hack" is. I can't fathom what people are thinking with a "fix" like that. headbang.gif

lol-2.gif Remembering @Bbrock scenario -- yikes.gif mountain curve no lights
robkammer
Thanks fellas. Maybe that explains why the fog lights turn on when the high beams should, and the reverse happens when the fog lights should light. I would like to bring it back to original if possible. Is an original style relay still available? If anyone has a link to that fix please share. I find it pretty difficult to search the forum. Sir Andy had a hack a while back that messed it up I think.
Rob
Superhawk996
QUOTE(robkammer @ Mar 19 2022, 04:15 PM) *

I find it pretty difficult to search the forum. Sir Andy had a hack a while back that messed it up I think.
Rob

Use Google. Format -- to search for relay board

site:914world.com relay board

I've got to admit though, it seems to me, this doesn't work as well as it used to. Google probably doing something with its algo?
FlacaProductions
I've used that google search formatting for a long time but it doesn't seem to work like it used to....
Superhawk996
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Mar 19 2022, 07:03 PM) *

I've used that google search formatting for a long time but it doesn't seem to work like it used to....

Glad it's not just me . . . . . Google fact checkers not able to keep up with 914world.com in order to make sure we don't get relay board misinformation. av-943.gif
robkammer
Found the thread, should have looked at Georges tips book first. It's a jumper to convert the new style 5 pin relay to to replace the NLA 4 pin version. The proper hack is to jumper it to the incoming power lug with the red/white wire. This guy just took it to the panel instead. I'm going to try to find a four pin.
1 down, plenty left to resolve.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.