Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Incoming Deliveries This Week
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlee6204
A couple weeks ago I started the hunt for my next car. I already have several cars needing full restorations but I wanted something that was running and driving so I could enjoy it immediately. Luckily a member out in CA reached out with a '74 w/2056 motor and we made a deal. The transaction went very smooth and it showed up on a transporter this week.

Buttttt because I have a serious problem, another car came up in my search. A '74 2.0L that we believe has been sitting in a garage in NM since 1980. It was hard to pass up so on the transporter that went. It too showed up this week so I'd say its been a good week. I don't know if I should be excited or if I should seek help but oh well.

CA car arriving.
Click to view attachment

NM Car. The car was parked because of side-swipe damage on the driver's side. It looks bad but so far the damage appears to be mostly superficial. The car is otherwise very original and very solid. The fix is nothing I can't handle. smash.gif

Click to view attachment

I got the CA car registered today so I was able to drive it a little. driving.gif The NM car will be stashed away for a later time. BTW if anyone is looking for a '06 Boxster, I have one that my wife would love to see go to a new home.

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
VIN check on the white 74. happy11.gif
dlee6204
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Mar 18 2022, 04:47 PM) *

It started life as a yellow ‘74.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Mar 18 2022, 01:51 PM) *

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Mar 18 2022, 04:47 PM) *

It started life as a yellow ‘74.

You know me...I chase very possible candidate. Looks like a nice example. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Looks like two nice finds! Would love to see more pics of the green 914. Original color? Engine etc.

You're correct, if the side swipe wasn't too bad, fenders and a door mostly get things squared up.
ndfrigi
wow another 914 left us here in SoCal.
nditiz1
Yay more the for the east coast! Nice buys.

Speaking of originality, Bill brought his 74 orange over and not only did I get to sit in it, he let me drive it. I was super impressed by the originality of his car less the swapped engine 45k survivor.
StarBear
Wow! What a week! Way to go!
Puebloswatcop
Sweet scores. two more 914's to a good home. Congratulatons

If I had room I'd be down for the Boxter. Unfortunately can't park it outside in this Texas weather.
Puebloswatcop
Sweet scores. two more 914's to a good home. Congratulatons

If I had room I'd be down for the Boxter. Unfortunately can't park it outside in this Texas weather.

Sorry, I double clicked....
windforfun
Right on!!! I collect old Nikons like you collect 914s.

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
bkrantz
"I don't know if I should be excited or if I should seek help but oh well."

Why not both?
Cairo94507
2 nice buys. Congratulations. beerchug.gif
StarBear
Hobo tip for the Zambezi Green one - Rustoleum 2X Meadow Green rattle can is a near perfect match. Great for wheel wells, under sill plates, longitudinals under rocker panels and non critical/visual areas. About $5 a can and goes a long way. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.