Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Retractable Seat Belt Hardware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
barnfind9141972
Hi, I have a 1972 914. My car has holes and the notch for retractable seat belt, but didn’t come like that from factory. I need all of the seat belt hardware, just the bolts and any nuts or washers. All I have is shoulder bolts, anyone have the rest of the hardware? Need drivers and passengers, thank you
rjames
You're probably better off with what you have. Used ones won't retract very well, even NOS units don't always retract that well, but you'll pay through the nose for them. (ask me how I know).

You can go aftermarket, but you lose the original look. I've got a set from Seatbelt Planet that retract great, but decided not to use them because I didn't like how they looked. I have a later car, but I keep contemplating switching to earlier belts.
barnfind9141972
QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 18 2022, 02:42 PM) *

You're probably better off with what you have. Used ones won't retract very well, even NOS units don't always retract that well, but you'll pay through the nose for them. (ask me how I know).

You can go aftermarket, but you lose the original look. I've got a set from Seatbelt Planet that retract great, but decided not to use them because I didn't like how they looked. I have a later car, but I keep contemplating switching to earlier belts.

@rjames , I have a new set from seat belt planet. I’m not worried about the belts, don’t look OEM but I don’t want to take a risk on seat belts same way I wouldn’t on brakes or tires. The problem is I need the hardware to bolt it in since mine didn’t come with retractors
rjames
QUOTE(barnfind9141972 @ Mar 19 2022, 02:25 AM) *

@rjames , I have a new set from seat belt planet. I’m not worried about the belts, don’t look OEM but I don’t want to take a risk on seat belts same way I wouldn’t on brakes or tires. The problem is I need the hardware to bolt it in since mine didn’t come with retractors

Seatbelt Planet also sells retractors- or at least they did when I bought mine.
If you’re interested I’d sell you the ones I bought from them, but they are the whole thing- belts and the retractors. I installed them once and removed them a week later when I found a NOS set.
barnfind9141972
QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 19 2022, 11:04 AM) *

QUOTE(barnfind9141972 @ Mar 19 2022, 02:25 AM) *

Seatbelt Planet also sells retractors- or at least they did when I bought mine.
If you’re interested I’d sell you the ones I bought from them, but they are the whole thing- belts and the retractors. I installed them once and removed them a week later when I found a NOS set.

@rjames you’re missing it. I have seat belts AND retractors, all together from seat belt planet. My 914 came with non retractable belts from factory so I do not have bolts that screw in the seat belt retractors in the back firewall therefor I need the metal bolts, nuts, and washers to install them. I have a brand new seat of set belts and retractors, I just need hardware. It would have been nice for me to be smart enough to ask this before purchasing seat belts as I would have purchased yours but oh well. I just need the hardware at this point
rjames
Sorry, I misunderstood- my mistake.
914werke
smile.gif

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Automobile Atlanta has NOS belts. Give the Dr a call.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.