Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More fuse panel confusion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
robkammer
So, I have three fuse panel indexes, or lists of what powers what. And all three are different. For example, for fuse #8:

List 1: 20 amp feeds Fresh air blower fan relay and horn relay

List2: 16amp feeds Lighter, heater control lamp, some gauges, L&R rear brake lights and back up lamps, clock

List 3: 8amp parking lights Left, possible marker lights left.

My #8 , with a 16amp fuse is only hot with the key ON, so the clock would not make sense.

The car is a March 1974 LE, can someone direct me to yet another diagram?

In the little bit of driving I was able to do in the car everything seemed to be working with the exception of a headlight/fog light issue. I'm becoming more baffled the deeper I get.
914Mels
Fuse 8 on your car should feed the wiper switch, cig lighter, blower motor and the blower indicator light. All red/black wires except blower light is red/white which picks up power at the cig lighter connection.
dlee6204
From Jeff Bowlsby tech notebook...

https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zTN_Elect_FuseIndex.jpg

Click to view attachment
robkammer
Thanks, That is one of the three that I have, and I have to believe that Jeff has the best insight into the 914, but why is there such a difference between diagrams? For now I just put it all back together after cleaning up the hack work. Discovered that the fuse panel was broken so I'll order one and swap it out after I get the car back on the road and settled in.
Spring is happening, starting to feel pressure to get the cars back out!
Dave_Darling
Part of it is early vs. late. I think up through 72 the fuses had one layout, and in 73 and later they had a different layout. The later fuses don't have any 20A ones in the fuse box, just 8 and 16.

--DD
robkammer
Thanks agin: I'll stick with Jeff's rundown. I purchased a couple of his harnesses, they are terrific!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.