Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kilmat, anybody used it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
Need to do the sound deadening on tbe floors. Dynamat seems really expensive. Anybody use Kilmat or and less expensive substitutes they can recomend?
sportlicherFahrer
Used Kilmat in a couple of our vehicles. Works great and easy to install. Used Dynamat tape to cover the seams between the pieces.
RJMII
I've used noico, fatmat, and various others from different car audio companies.

for the most part it's about proper placement of the different types of materials. Different sound deadeners absorb different frequencies, and have different effects on the body panels.
Robarabian
I have used it. Works well, easy to use, cheaper that others.
targa72e
I used Dynamat on the floors and Kilmat in other areas. The kilmat is thinner so easier to form where there are more complex shapes.

Click to view attachment

john
Geezer914
How are you attaching the carpet on top of the killmat, spray glue?
Superhawk996
QUOTE(RJMII @ Mar 20 2022, 07:54 PM) *

I've used noico, fatmat, and various others from different car audio companies.

for the most part it's about proper placement of the different types of materials. Different sound deadeners absorb different frequencies, and have different effects on the body panels.

agree.gif

The nice thing about Dynamat is they publish their specs and performance to ASTM testing. Haven't seen others doing that.

There is also a lighter weight version of Dynamat that is easier to form and about 1/2 the weight if I recall.

Stay away from asphalt / petroleum mats unless you enjoy the smell. Butyl is more effective as a damper and doesn't smell like petroleum.
targa72e
I just used standard 3m spray glue.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.