Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Urethane epoxy options?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
I have a foam rear spoiler from my 928 s4 which is the same material as the 914 bumper seals.. what has happened specifically is the studs have pulled out and on the 928 forums there is talk of using an epoxy to install stainless rivnuts as a new way to affix them.

I am looking for something that will work properly.

Thoughts?
Van B
I imagine 3M window weld is up to the task. Just make sure you check the date on the tube.
And also, know that it will stick to EVERYONE and EVERYTHING
mb911
QUOTE(Van B @ Mar 20 2022, 04:49 PM) *

I imagine 3M window weld is up to the task. Just make sure you check the date on the tube.
And also, know that it will stick to EVERYONE and EVERYTHING

I had thought about that as well.. 2 votes so far for that.
mepstein
We bought some of that to attach a door bar to the inside door skin. It’s pretty strong stuff, and very messy if you aren’t careful.
Geezer914
JB Weld, I use that s__t on everything!
roblav1
Aeropoxy, then mix up some silica until peanut butter consistency.
mlindner
Ben, if you can mount the rivnut to a small metal plate first then epoxy the plate into place. We use that often, works great. And best use 24 hr epoxy to cure, longer the stronger. Best, Mark
jmalone
Ben, Google West System epoxies. They have epoxies formulated for flexible substrates ( G-Flex) that work very well. I would consider increasing the surface are of the bond with the addition of a reinforcement like a thin piece of stainless bonded to both the bumper and the rivnut. This West System has a great support network. Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.