Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just couldn't help doing it.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mxkinn01
Don't hate me folks. I found a 61 Corvette I just couldn't pass up.
Mike
mxkinn01
Did mention it is a Schwinn Corvette. LOL smile.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
BK911
Love the bug!
bkrantz
Now you need some '61 clothing.
Root_Werks
Nice find!

Good picture with the Bug in the background.
PanelBilly
Cool. When you ride an old bike does it make you feel young again?
Literati914
Great Bug, but you should have just gotten a Miyata 914 shades.gif
J/k.. nice bike too
Unobtanium-inc
I used to work in downtown Atlanta, there was a guy with a lowered Vette, that said The Vette down the side.
Mayne
I had yellow Chevette in high school… with an automatic. Played a cassette of Sammy Hagar “I Can’t Drive 55”, seemed appropriate. Enjoy your bike and your bug!
mxkinn01
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Mar 21 2022, 05:37 PM) *

You would think riding a bike the same age as you are would make you feel young again, but the effect is totally the opposite. I feel old legs and an old butt on a hard seat. LOL
P.S. The old bike is probably faster than the 914 and the bug.
SKL1
Had a '66 1300 bug that swallowed a valve a month after I got it... learned to rebuid engines with that car which carried over nicely to the 914's!!
And actually I'd love to have a C2 Stingray roadster- my dad's office nurse had '65 solid lifter small block I got to drive occasionally and I still miss it after 50 some years!!
bretth
Two very nice vehicles! My father has a Gretch Corvette guitar. Sorry no pics of it.
930cabman
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Mar 21 2022, 06:37 PM) *

+1
krazykonrad
beerchug.gif

Also, more pics of the Beetle!
Tdskip
Love the bike
mxkinn01
QUOTE(krazykonrad @ Mar 22 2022, 05:16 AM) *

beerchug.gif

Also, more pics of the Beetle!

I bought the beetle because the paint was nice (and painting a car is stupid expensive now). Had to put the motor, interior and a bunch of little things into it to finish it up. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Ansbacher
I don't own enough gold chains and medallions to qualify for purchasing a Corvette- Thank God!

Ansbacher
JmuRiz
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Mar 21 2022, 03:50 PM) *

Did mention it is a Schwinn Corvette. LOL smile.gif Click to view attachment

Super cool, wish my dad were still alive, he had one when he was little and always wanted a real corvette. You don't see Schwinn Corvettes very often smilie_pokal.gif

I was able to hunt down a Ducati Falcon 80 he had in HS, but never got a Schwinn Corvette sad.gif
Shivers
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Mar 21 2022, 04:50 PM) *

Did mention it is a Schwinn Corvette. LOL smile.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Very cool pair. Great job on the bug. smilie_pokal.gif I have a 64'. I had a 64' Stingray, the parental units wouldn't let us kids have a bike until we were eight. sad.gif
krazykonrad
Thanks for the beetle pics! That is a really nice one. first.gif
Spoke
Nice bike. Did the baseball come with it?
maf914
QUOTE(Mayne @ Mar 21 2022, 05:42 PM) *

I had yellow Chevette in high school… with an automatic. Played a cassette of Sammy Hagar “I Can’t Drive 55”, seemed appropriate. Enjoy your bike and your bug!

laugh.gif I took a drive today to get some lunch and Sammy Hagar “I Can’t Drive 55” was played on the radio. It's been quite a while since I heard that song.
MCShack
Man, love that bike, but that Bug is a thing of Beauty! Thanks for posting the pics, brought back some memories of an old air-cooled Porsche...

IPB Image

Stolen from Jeff B's page, hope he don't mind. biggrin.gif Here's the description from his page:
"Looky here, Porsche continues the Bumblebee tradition in their line of high performance bicycles. This bike was listed on eBay as a Limited Edition model and commanded a handsome sales price, it sold for $3200 on Ebay in September 2003. Musta been the color scheme."
wonkipop
@mxkinn01

love your beetle. and your vette.

reminds me of my mum's beetle and childhood.
except you got a fuel gauge.
my mum had to get out and put a stick down the tank before she headed out anywhere.

beerchug.gif beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.