Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fitting new blinker relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
63acornwall
I have a new blinker ( turn signal flasher ) relay to fit , old one fails to blink the dashboard indicator lamp .

My '75 car has an aftermarket fuse system fitted - see pic - assume I must remove this to get at the blinker relay - but not sure how - or where relay is located ??Click to view attachment
914Sixer
What year car? Different locations. Seeing homemade modifications . Drop two middle phillips head screw and see what is back there.
Chris914n6
The two outer most screws release the panel. Then the black rectangle is the flasher relay. Seeing the new connectors... double check the wiring.
dhuckabay
Where is the relay on a stock 74?

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 22 2022, 05:20 AM) *

What year car? Different locations. Seeing homemade modifications . Drop two middle phillips head screw and see what is back there.

63acornwall
Ok , took out the 2 outer screws and managed to drop panel a couple of inches . There were 2 relays , one had tags matching up with a replacement that I bought from a 911 shop . It was velcro’d onto the panel . I removed battery ground lead , swapped relays , reconnected battery , relay tested out fine . The hardest part was to get the panel back in , hard to see where screws were mounted while laying on back with head tucked under steering wheel - but done . Thanks for advice , not covered by Haynes manual !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.