Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Franken motor 2056
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nditiz1
So I have 3(technically 4) engines in the works to be able to drive my 74 this year. This is the latest engine. GA 2056 with supposed web cam of unknown duration. When I pop open the valve covers I'll be able to see if it has chromoly P.rods. The intake is...well...an abomination. It looks to be a 2.0 plenum with a supposed 944 turbo intake. The tstat has been removed I guessing to allow for the supposed Mercedes super charger. Dyno'd 180 hp - hearsay. Leakdown numbers were pretty much 0% on 3 and 1 had 5%. I will recheck. 3/4 head has clearly been moved to the 1/2 side (great that's how my last engine dropped a valve sad.gif ) Supposed lightened flywheel - can you tell?

My intentions are to throw a set of weber 40's on, CSP linkage, normal tune up items and see how she runs on a stand. If everything goes well, I will throw it in the 6 conversion and at least be able to enjoy the 914 again until the 2.7 can be gone through.

Thoughts on this franken motor?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
JamesM
Would have loved to see that before they pulled the supercharger off.

Hard to tell but it looks like the flywheel outer diameter might have been shaved a bit, looks nothing as extreme as the one i am running but doesn't look stock either.

Injectors look to be aftermarket as are the custom rail retainers i see still hanging out. throttle body looks like the one off my 944. Seeing some adaptors for customer sensors too. Curious what injection they were running it with.

I would guess that IF it were ever run with a supercharger that 180 would be a possibility, but thats with the supercharger.

Cant imagine how hot it may have been running though.
emerygt350
Get thee to a junkyard and grab a supercharger off an old gm 6cylinder! You must!
wonkipop
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Mar 23 2022, 04:46 PM) *

Get thee to a junkyard and grab a supercharger off an old gm 6cylinder! You must!

smile.gif

thoughts on your franken motor @nditiz1

its a hill climb special?
good for 2.5 minutes at full tilt.
then switch it off before it incinerates its surroundings.
meanwhile you have dusted everyone standing around in the carpark already having a beer.

agree with emery. its missing a bit it was made for.
nditiz1
No....no....if someone wants those bits to ignite their own car they are more than welcome to it. Hell I'll even trade the fan shroud and pulley for a non bastardized one.

Insert WTB ad here - alternator metal piece, fan shroud with the t-stat flaps
Root_Werks
Seems like you have a good plan with the unknowns. Put carbs on, bench run, if runs good, stick in 914!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.