Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focal Speakers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CCE
Has anyone tried to replace the speakers in the original location?
The ones in my car are completely gone… disintegrated

The car also had a hole in the door for a separate set of speakers I had to replace too, but the originals are very special, thin, and small, I did buy a set of focals that I imagined would fit but, I am not very sure, the speaker have rings on the side (I can try and cut them) they wont fit into the bases, and also I noticed the original blaupunkt speakers are way too thin, I dont know if they will fit.
Any suggestions. confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
RJMII
I'm currently drawing up an adapter plate for using readily available 4x6 speakers in the factory locations.
914Mels
Just put in some Pyle 4x6 speakers. Had to space them out a 1/4 inch but you need to make a adaptor plate to line the screws up so it isn't a big deal. the part number is PL463BL. Otherwise they fit well.
barefoot
Do a search, somewhere in here is a tutorial on speaker replacement. i did it but do not have the speaker boxes anymore to offer info.
914Sixer
AA has custom made direct replacement speakers. Selling them on Ebay too.
CCE
QUOTE(RJMII @ Mar 22 2022, 06:33 PM) *

I'm currently drawing up an adapter plate for using readily available 4x6 speakers in the factory locations.

I worried on the depth of the speaker, the original ones have teh magnet in front rather than in the back, which make me wonder. I did not continue with the install at that point, where you able to insert the base back with that speaker? (In the picture)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the door speakers are common out there and easy to find a new replacement, hopefully a three way should be purchased.
We have two different ones for the factory grille: A new metric replacement of the original, and a SAE spec USA built one. Both work and sound GOOD, but of course with the air tube behind the speaker grill, do not expect any bass

QUOTE(CCE @ Mar 22 2022, 04:17 PM) *

Has anyone tried to replace the speakers in the original location?
The ones in my car are completely gone… disintegrated

The car also had a hole in the door for a separate set of speakers I had to replace too, but the originals are very special, thin, and small, I did buy a set of focals that I imagined would fit but, I am not very sure, the speaker have rings on the side (I can try and cut them) they wont fit into the bases, and also I noticed the original blaupunkt speakers are way too thin, I dont know if they will fit.
Any suggestions. confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

CCE
Maybe just a fabric cover to the old speaker and do with a single set of speakers. idea.gif
windforfun
How about the much larger after market fiberglass speak housing from AA?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.