Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Report back on my 1.7 injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhynesrockmtn
So, going through the 1970 I bought a while back and got running after it had sat for a long time. I was fouling #1 on longer drives. While the engine is out I decided to take the 4 injectors and 4 I have from a spare 1.7 hoping to get 4 decent ones back and maybe a couple of spares. Mr. Injector is local to me. His report explains the plug fouling. Looks like I need to source some new ones.

I feel like I should take him a nice bottle of scotch or something. His report is below.

Hi Jerry,

I have evaluated the injectors for service. Your extra injectors you provided all have case leaks. This is common on these old D Jet injectors. Service will not correct the case leaks. The injector you had marked as #1 is a280 150 019 Bosch and flows at 410CC/min. The Yellow 280 150 009 injectors, which are the correct ones for the car flow at 340CC/min. This would explain you plug fouling on #1. So, I don't have enough injectors to make a good set of four. You only have three and that is if they survive the service procedure.

A good alternative is the Lucas injectors boxed and sold by Standard Motor Products. They are an excellent replacement and are direct fit and come with hoses. The part number is FJ114. Lots of vendors have them. You can get them at Rockauto Com too.

You don't owe anything for the evaluation. Bill

Bill Johnson / Mr Injector
6280 N Government Way Unit 4
Dalton Gardens, Idaho 83815
burlybryan
Yep. He's great. Always personal and professional service.
mepstein
I’ve sent Bill hundreds of injectors. Always happy with his service.
Superhawk996
I've visited him in person and chatted a bit. Great guy. Great service. Fixes what he can for a very reasonable price. No charge on what he can't. You won't find that business model in many other places.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.