Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great deal on Baum P280B Ball Joint Socket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
markhoward
Of course I had to find this after spending $112 bucks for one. Decided to dollar cost average and order a backup since they are so cheap at $16.43 plus $10.70 shipping. Will report back once received but wanted to pass this along in case anyone is needing one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363526382426
76-914
I'd always used a pipe wrench so didn't need one until I saw the price on this unit. Ordered. Thx for the tip. beerchug.gif
tygaboy
I'm going to share my secret for saving even more on this tool:
Borrow from @markhoward when needed! av-943.gif
mepstein
Buy the one that JimmyT makes. He's on pelican and ESR. It's a lifetime tool for about $60.

I use it on my 1/2" impact with really corroded nuts and it still looks like new.
nditiz1
agree.gif - Not only does he make those great tools, he also makes oil t-stat covers for the 911 t-stat AND nice badging for your 911 grille
mepstein
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Mar 25 2022, 01:06 PM) *

agree.gif - Not only does he make those great tools, he also makes oil t-stat covers for the 911 t-stat AND nice badging for your 911 grille

He also makes a very nice 914-6 ignition bezel.

and tons of cool 911 parts

"price was 2018"
mgarrison
@mepstein How do I contact JimmyT - cant find a way to search the Pelican forums... confused24.gif

Do you have to join to search over there?

Thanks...
mepstein
QUOTE(mgarrison @ Mar 25 2022, 01:25 PM) *

@mepstein How do I contact JimmyT - cant find a way to search the Pelican forums... confused24.gif

Do you have to join to search over there?

Thanks...

Yes, you do have to join. I'll pm you his contact info.
Steve
QUOTE(markhoward @ Mar 25 2022, 09:11 AM) *

Of course I had to find this after spending $112 bucks for one. Decided to dollar cost average and order a backup since they are so cheap at $16.43 plus $10.70 shipping. Will report back once received but wanted to pass this along in case anyone is needing one.

I didn’t see the rest of this thread but ordered the one on eBay. It showed up yesterday. My old one was kind of trashed and for the price, it might be nice to have a backup.
mb911
Man I would buy one at that price but forgot my password and I swore off ebay a year or 2 ago.
FlacaProductions
Hey @mb911 Ben - if you're not in a hurry, i snagged one for you. Let me know where to ship it.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Steve @ Mar 27 2022, 07:57 AM) *

QUOTE(markhoward @ Mar 25 2022, 09:11 AM) *

I didn’t see the rest of this thread but ordered the one on eBay. It showed up yesterday. My old one was kind of trashed and for the price, it might be nice to have a backup.

Hi Steve!

Is this ebay add is the correct size tool for 73 and up? Ebay add said not compatible for my 74.
Steve
Not a clue.. both of my cars have 911 front suspensions.
mepstein
The nut is the same on 914/911
Steve
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 27 2022, 04:06 PM) *

The nut is the same on 914/911

Thanks Mark, that’s what I thought, but my 914 with early 3.5” struts had a goofy ball joint that my previous tool didn’t fit right. I used my dremel tool to modify the nut, so my tool would fit it. The tool fit fine on the new lemforder ball joints. Weird…
mb911
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Mar 27 2022, 09:40 AM) *

Hey @mb911 Ben - if you're not in a hurry, i snagged one for you. Let me know where to ship it.

I am not I'm a hurry. Let me know..

I can PM you details and pay you back
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Steve @ Mar 27 2022, 03:44 PM) *

Not a clue.. both of my cars have 911 front suspensions.

Thank you Steve and Mark!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.