Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motor mounts/ transaxle mounts help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
broomhandle
Hello All, I am about to drop in a motor/transaxle. It has been awhile, I have 2 sets of these "photo" upper and lower disc mounts. this is for a 1971 with a 72 motor/tail shift.

I am pretty sure this is for the upper and lower (notch) plates for the mounts, but what about the transaxle? Is it the same?
ndfrigi
Click to view attachment
broomhandle
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 26 2022, 01:52 PM) *

so does 38 upper plate need to be the rectangle style plate? I have noticed that for the engine mounts as well, but mine are both circles.

and with the mount bar also shows the rectangle tops, where mine are both circles.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(broomhandle @ Mar 26 2022, 05:54 PM) *

so does 38 upper plate need to be the rectangle style plate? I have noticed that for the engine mounts as well, but mine are both circles.

38 or 35?
broomhandle
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 26 2022, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(broomhandle @ Mar 26 2022, 05:54 PM) *

38 or 35?

sorry, 35. the upper. I have 2 sets of these circle mounts. I am just trying to figure out what I have or need before I mount up everything.
Root_Werks
35 ensures if the mount fails, the tranny cannot fall out. Every time I put the mount together I have to look at the diagram above. I can never remember the order of things.
ndfrigi
yes #35 is rectangle shape and it is at the upper part of the tranny mount.

- No. 1 (on your picture) round with 1 flat side is part of the engine mount bar (tail shift transmission) attached to the side of the body. #15 on the engine mount diagram

- No. 2 (on your picture) round is for the tranny mount #37

- Letter A is the style of engine mount bar for side shift (simpler or less parts needed)

- Letter B is the style of engine mount bar for tail shift.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
broomhandle
Ok thank you. I have 2 sets of these circle mounts, I put them in a bag a long time ago and labeled "motor mounts". So, am I also missing the top for the engine? And... I just need the top for the trans. Correct? rectangle (like the photo above and attached)?
broomhandle
Can anybody confirm. the top mounts for a tail shift are the rectangle plates for the motor and the transaxle? I am looking though my parts to find these..
Justinp71
QUOTE(broomhandle @ Mar 27 2022, 06:51 AM) *

Ok thank you. I have 2 sets of these circle mounts, I put them in a bag a long time ago and labeled "motor mounts". So, am I also missing the top for the engine? And... I just need the top for the trans. Correct? rectangle (like the photo above and attached)?

This one I believe goes above the trans mount, its the first piece on the trans bolt. Oh do you have the long trans bolts too? You will also need smaller bolts M8 or M10? to mount the transmounts to the car.
broomhandle
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Apr 4 2022, 08:22 PM) *

QUOTE(broomhandle @ Mar 27 2022, 06:51 AM) *

This one I believe goes above the trans mount, its the first piece on the trans bolt. Oh do you have the long trans bolts too? You will also need smaller bolts M8 or M10? to mount the transmounts to the car.

I will buy new bolts nuts. I just need to figure out the top mounts. I will be going through all my parts soon, but sadly... its a few different cars in boxes. I have a motor ready to go in, I just need the correct mounts..
broomhandle
Digging up thread again. I found more mounts. In the photo. the red box is the top/bottom engine. for the transaxle (70-72) is the blue box correct? or am I missing tops? are they the same mount as the engine top? Because they are different colors (I might have more)...
bdstone914
QUOTE(broomhandle @ Apr 20 2022, 03:03 PM) *

Digging up thread again. I found more mounts. In the photo. the red box is the top/bottom engine. for the transaxle (70-72) is the blue box correct? or am I missing tops? are they the same mount as the engine top? Because they are different colors (I might have more)...

You need two more of the rectangular mounts for the trans. You have two extra round mounts. I should have two recutangular mounts that yoy appear to be missing
broomhandle
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 20 2022, 04:10 PM) *

QUOTE(broomhandle @ Apr 20 2022, 03:03 PM) *

You need two more of the rectangular mounts for the trans. You have two extra round mounts. I should have two recutangular mounts that yoy appear to be missing

awesome thanks. I thought so, they are different colors... I hope I can find them. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.