Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Pressure regulator relocation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pencap914
I'm relocating the rear brake pressure regulator valve to where it resides on an early 914 (1970-1973) since I installed the Maddog OEM style motor mount.

Does anyone have this dimension handy? Just want to know how low to have the top mounting bolt from the bottom of the horizontal sheet metal where the air shroud has the rubber seal. (See picture below, and ignore the wonky firewall repair... it wasn't me!)

Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
43 mm from underside of the ledge to the center of the top hole. If you look under the ledge, you'll see a small flange under there. I measured from the underside of that little weld flange. Measured with tape measure resting right up against that stiffening rib you drew the arrows along.

I can't get an accurate measurement to the point you want by eye because there is going to be variation in the height of your shelf depending on if it is deflected at all over the years. There will also be a chance of height variation when projecting that point you want back to the firewall unless done with a straight edge and trying to keep it square.
Mitox
I don’t have the measurements, but here’s a couple pics that may help.

Click to view attachment
Mitox
Second pic

Click to view attachment
pencap914
Thanks Superhawk and Mitox! I think this should get me close enough!
porschetub
I did it the half ass way,as I had new rear brake hardlines to do anyway I moved the regulator and remounted with quality metal thread screws...solid as and now issues.
My car had exact replica bulkhead mount but no clearance for the regulator so best solution.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.