Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front stabilzer bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cornerlot
Were there any means used to keep the factory front stabilizer bar centered in the tub? I don't see anything. I did find the bar in my car had walked out toward the passenger side enough for the arm to contact and rub on the strut. No damage done, and a 2x4 and mallet were used to persuade it back evenly.
mepstein
One of the aftermarket bars used hose clamps on the inside of the bar to keep it centered.
914Sixer
Sounds like something was out of alignment and or the bushing is shot.
Cornerlot
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 27 2022, 11:50 AM) *

Perhaps, but there is really no alignment variation that could force it outward short of a major tub twist. If it took 50 years for this to happen then its no big deal, but I'm sure the bushings (that do look old) and the links could stand to be renewed.
914_teener
QUOTE(Cornerlot @ Mar 27 2022, 09:56 AM) *

Perhaps, but there is really no alignment variation that could force it outward short of a major tub twist. If it took 50 years for this to happen then its no big deal, but I'm sure the bushings (that do look old) and the links could stand to be renewed.

The short answer is no. I am not a fan of the stock drop links as they don't accomodate enough adjust-ability if you wan't to change the "stance' of the front end easily.

I used the Tarrett adjustable links with a stock bar. To keep the bar centered I bought some split collars from McMaster Carr when I had the tank out.
Cornerlot
QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 27 2022, 01:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Cornerlot @ Mar 27 2022, 09:56 AM) *

The short answer is no. I am not a fan of the stock drop links as they don't accomodate enough adjust-ability if you wan't to change the "stance' of the front end easily.

I used the Tarrett adjustable links with a stock bar. To keep the bar centered I bought some split collars from McMaster Carr when I had the tank out.

I suppose if or when I need to pull the tank I'll do that. Thanks.
iankarr
Might just be that the bolts on the brakets grabbing the bar need to be tightened.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.