Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A-arm differences
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Literati914
This set of a-arms came off the same car, it’s a car that a front clip has been added for accident repair in the past - and I just noticed a difference. I was wondering
If someone could offer an explanation for the difference. The arm on the top has a sort of raised “notch” created from the ball joint hole.. the bottom one has a “tab” like feature instead. I was planning to weld up the hole/tear in the top arm and started wondering if the bottom one is even correct or complete (maybe the tab should extend upwards? confused24.gif ). Anyone got a good idea what’s what here?
mepstein
They made a small change at some point so one of the arms has been replaced with a later one. Probably from accident repair. They function the same.
Literati914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 27 2022, 03:04 PM) *

They made a small change at some point so one of the arms has been replaced with a later one. Probably from accident repair. They function the same.

Good, thanks .. beerchug.gif
914Sixer
Top one is the early version. To keep the ball joint from spinning they welded in the tab in the lower version.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.