Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's The Windshield Guy in So Cal ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911
I forgot the name & contact info for the guy who does 914 windshields in So Cal dry.gif

Also, anybody local have a decent previously owned spare windshield?
andys
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 27 2022, 04:43 PM) *

I forgot the name & contact info for the guy who does 914 windshields in So Cal dry.gif

Also, anybody local have a decent previously owned spare windshield?

Ruffino Windshields 714 292-5811

Mobil service, great guy, knows 914's.

Andys
jim_hoyland
Rufino; really good !
jim_hoyland
Rufino; really good !
mmichalik
I just put a window into my 75 and it's surprisingly easy to do. You need the window cutter to cut the butyl out and remove the old window but from there, clean, prep, prime, lay the new butyl down and put the window in. smile.gif
It's not for everyone but, it is easy to do and can save some unnecessary $$$. (if that's something that you would like to do)
vitamin914
QUOTE(mmichalik @ Mar 27 2022, 11:04 PM) *

I just put a window into my 75 and it's surprisingly easy to do. You need the window cutter to cut the butyl out and remove the old window but from there, clean, prep, prime, lay the new butyl down and put the window in. smile.gif
It's not for everyone but, it is easy to do and can save some unnecessary $$$. (if that's something that you would like to do)

Ian Karr has a great clip (like all his videos!) on windshield replacement. I may go this route myself. Not sure if there is a glass shop in Canada that can do this correctly. Everyone will try to go with the easy urethane glue and not the correct for our 914s butyl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caoslhYlE1U
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.