Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ECU Identification
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wew
Hi all,

Are there any other ways to identify what type of ecu I have?

I have a 1973 2.0 and am going to test the CHT. Sensor.

Doing research I now understand that the 1973 2.0 has a specific ecu to match up with the CHT

The number on the bottom got scraped off so I am not 100% sure which ecu I have.

I want to be sure so I have the right CHT sensor for my ecu.

Thank you for you input.

Gary
914sgofast2
You have to uncrimp and open up the body of the ECU and look at the circuit board for the number
Wew
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Mar 27 2022, 06:27 PM) *

You have to uncrimp and open up the body of the ECU and look at the circuit board for the number

Damn and thank you!
bdstone914
QUOTE(Wew @ Mar 27 2022, 08:45 PM) *

Damn and thank you!

@wew
You do not need to uncrimp the cover. If you remove the big connector there is another sticker on the circuit board with the number.
Bruce
Wew
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 28 2022, 05:46 AM) *

QUOTE(Wew @ Mar 27 2022, 08:45 PM) *

Damn and thank you!

@wew
You do not need to uncrimp the cover. If you remove the big connector there is another sticker on the circuit board with the number.
Bruce

That sounds better than having to work my way around the housing and pry it open. I will give it a go in the next couple of days and report back.

Thanks for the input.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.