Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 physical seat measurements
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Canuck27
Looking for a little help on the physical seat dimensions of the 914 stock seats. Height, Width in the middle and bottom width. I don't have seats in my car and am looking at buying a set of Braum elite series seats.

I have the dimensions of the Braum seats but need to compare the two.

Even better and a long shot if anyone has replaced their stock seats with the Braum Elite series feel free to share any pitfalls or any goods news that you had with install.

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,
emerygt350
I don't know man, I love sitting in my car and asking myself "is this comfortable?" If you buy aftermarket seats that is a part of 914 life you won't be able to enjoy. Seriously, easily the most not exactly comfortable seats I have ever experienced in a car.
Chris914n6
I think most of us that have non-stock seats removed the factory back pad and replaced with carpet.

You can also rebuild the pad to fit the seats.
Canuck27
NO Hate here
Canuck27
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Mar 28 2022, 03:40 PM) *

I don't know man, I love sitting in my car and asking myself "is this comfortable?" If you buy aftermarket seats that is a part of 914 life you won't be able to enjoy. Seriously, easily the most not exactly comfortable seats I have ever experienced in a car.

A good idea. I am looking for more comfort
PCH
The "stock" seat my car came with is the most comfortable car seat I have dropped my ass in.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Canuck27 @ Mar 28 2022, 01:12 PM) *

Looking for a little help on the physical seat dimensions of the 914 stock seats. Height, Width in the middle and bottom width.

32 inches. 18 inches. 18 inches.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Canuck27 @ Mar 28 2022, 04:12 PM) *

Looking for a little help on the physical seat dimensions of the 914 stock seats. Height, Width in the middle and bottom width. I don't have seats in my car and am looking at buying a set of Braum elite series seats.

Even better and a long shot if anyone has replaced their stock seats with the Braum Elite series feel free to share any pitfalls or any goods news that you had with install.

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,

i have also looked at several Baum seats and wondered the same thing, they are about 19" wide the stock seat is 18" so it should fit, but the next question is about angle and depth. I dont know how tall you are but at 6'1" for me i'd like more head protection and i once had boxster seat squeezed in and mounted to the floor, too wide but the height was nice , a stock seat's head rest hits me right and the base of the neck,- i like my mint recovered original seats but more for show than go.

DRPHIL914
i am honk these would work with the back pad removed..
mlindner
Most of the seats with the high side bolster are not any fun getting in and out of. I really like my stock 45 year old seats, easy to slide into...I did cut the head rest off for a better speedster look. MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(mlindner @ Mar 30 2022, 10:55 AM) *

Most of the seats with the high side bolster are not any fun getting in and out of. I really like my stock 45 year old seats, easy to slide into...I did cut the head rest off for a better speedster look. MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachment

i guess in this situation you could do like the factory 914/6 race car at Brumos museum i saw had, it was just a pad they placed right on the window as the head rest , i guess better than hitting the back of your head on the rear window, huh Clay?
seriously, i dont think you want have your head hit the back window, i have been thinking about getting a pad to put there even with my seats now. - BTW @mlindner beautiful car!
I like the speedster look as well, and good point about the wide wing type bolster.

Canuck27
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 30 2022, 09:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Canuck27 @ Mar 28 2022, 04:12 PM) *

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,

i have also looked at several Baum seats and wondered the same thing, they are about 19" wide the stock seat is 18" so it should fit, but the next question is about angle and depth. I dont know how tall you are but at 6'1" for me i'd like more head protection and i once had boxster seat squeezed in and mounted to the floor, too wide but the height was nice , a stock seat's head rest hits me right and the base of the neck,- i like my mint recovered original seats but more for show than go.

The Braum i am looking at are the elite series, Measurement on these are
37.5 h
22 w in the middle
20.5 at the bottom of the leg-Mid thigh
Canuck27
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 29 2022, 09:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Canuck27 @ Mar 28 2022, 01:12 PM) *

Looking for a little help on the physical seat dimensions of the 914 stock seats. Height, Width in the middle and bottom width.

32 inches. 18 inches. 18 inches.

Thank you. Are the stock seats tight from side to side?
GTS
I like the original seats, just 2 draw backs- no side or torso support and you sit on foam and fiberglass- no suspension and you could bottom out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.