Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: The NHL is Back
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RangerRhett
Anybody else out there excited for 10/5/05: The day the NHL returns?

I can't wait
davep
I gave up on the NHL back when there were only six teams.
TimT
I wont watch another game
RangerRhett
GO Rangers!!!!

Even though they are terrible....
tat2dphreak
my wife and I are getting mini-season tix biggrin.gif Go Stars! smilie_pokal.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Aug 1 2005, 08:29 PM)
biggrin.gif Go Stars! smilie_pokal.gif

When we were first maried Barb couldnt understand why I liked this game. Then I took her to one biggrin.gif Now she is a bigger fan than ME she is like boldblue.gif boldblue.gif GO STARS boldblue.gif come on Modano move your ass boldblue.gif boldblue.gif Now he is a free agent we will see where that goes.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Aug 1 2005, 09:12 PM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Aug 1 2005, 08:29 PM)
biggrin.gif Go Stars!  :trophy:

When we were first maried Barb couldnt understand why I liked this game. Then I took her to one biggrin.gif Now she is a bigger fan than ME she is like boldblue.gif boldblue.gif GO STARS boldblue.gif come on Modano move your ass boldblue.gif boldblue.gif Now he is a free agent we will see where that goes.

my wife didn't get it either, until we went to a game... she's as hooked as me now... it's not a TV sport... you have to see it live to truly get it.
MattR
N H What?

Is that the one with the mullets and beer on ice? dry.gif

I only watch baseball and basketball... never been a fan of hockey or football. Its great news for people that enjoy the sport, but that just aint me.
ConeDodger
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Aug 1 2005, 06:12 PM)
Modano move your ass boldblue.gif boldblue.gif Now he is a free agent we will see where that goes.

I was on the medical team for the North Stars before they moved. Modano have any indecent exposure issues since moving to Dallas?

I frankly could care less.
redshift
QUOTE (MattR @ Aug 1 2005, 11:36 PM)
mullets and beer on ice?

huh.gif

That sounds familiar... is that a Disney show?

M
Elliot_Cannon
I stopped watching when the North Stars moved to Dallas.
Elliot
nocones
Hockey is a myth, commonly told to small children in Canada...

And they said the Unicorn was a mythical beast! w00t.gif
jgiroux67
I can't wait. I'm a die hard Pittsburgh Penguins fan. Anybody who doesnt like hockey has never seen in live/played it/ or is just insane. It is by far the best sport its just america has shit for taste in most things.
l84ttym
smilie_pokal.gif
GO Pens!
Mario has a new buddy!!!

I do like hockey and love the Pens! Finally, a team sport recognizes the need to help the small markets be competitive! If only the MLB would wake up!

Sorry for the diatribe!
1bad914
Go Red Wings!!! When baseball struck I quit watching it and have never watched a game since. I can't do that to hockey, they earn thier pay! smile.gif
TROJANMAN
yeah barf.gif

i think in order to witness a true sporting event (any sport), all players should agree to a salary cap, and owners should be restricted to the amount they can charge for a ticket. then maybe you will see a players who play for the love of the game and not a paycheck.

no one honestly attends a game because it is being held in a billion dollar stadium/arena.
JerryP
I'm so in. I can't wait. I bridged the gap by going to some Johnstown Chiefs games. Sorry for this ....but I'm a lifelong Flyer fan.....Hey Mario.. finger.gif maybe you can fill half the building this season.....can't wait to see the Orlando Penguins next year......aaahhh its been a long time...that felt good. happy11.gif
rhodyguy
only hockey i'm interested in watching is the movie Slapshot. icing? huh.gif blue line? huh.gif

k
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 2 2005, 07:37 AM)
only hockey i'm interested in watching is the movie Slapshot. icing? huh.gif blue line? huh.gif

k

I think I prefer the movie Strange Brew...... laugh.gif
tdgray
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Aug 1 2005, 11:29 PM)
she's as hooked as me now... it's not a TV sport... you have to see it live to truly get it.

There's the problem with the Sport in the US.

Don't get me wrong I love thge sport... played as a little kid. wub.gif

Most 'mericans won't get into it 'cause they can't sit in thier barco-lounger, swill beer and cheetos. You can't "get" the game on TV, it's too fast.

OH and BTW go Penguins (the only pittsburgh team I would ever root for dry.gif )
lotus_65
from a youth coach perspective, i'm ready for it to return.
it's the best game on earth, especially to play. the kids need to have a pro game to model their skills to, so welcome back the game, the new rules, and the players.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (tdgray @ Aug 2 2005, 08:39 AM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Aug 1 2005, 11:29 PM)
she's as hooked as me now... it's not a TV sport... you have to see it live to truly get it.

There's the problem with the Sport in the US.

Don't get me wrong I love thge sport... played as a little kid. wub.gif

Most 'mericans won't get into it 'cause they can't sit in thier barco-lounger, swill beer and cheetos. You can't "get" the game on TV, it's too fast.

OH and BTW go Penguins (the only pittsburgh team I would ever root for dry.gif )

also, unlike baseball and basketball... you don't have to get drunk to enjoy hockey...

jr91472
go Stars smilie_pokal.gif

re-signed Zubov for 3 years aktion035.gif
sjhowitson
I'm a big Sharks fan. I will be back to watch. I think the ticket prices are out of control, I need to get a third or is it fourth mortage on the house to take the family. I will have the TV on as soon as they drop the puck.
bob
steve, I agree... I imagine there would be a bigger fan base if the prices were more reasonable. but I can't wait!
go BROOONZ!
Mark Henry
I was bored with Hockey before the strike...I've now lost all interest. I might watch the cup but that's about it.

I have better things to do with my free time...like playing with my kids.
JerryP
Flyers have made it ever so slightly better for 05-06. They've reduced the season-ticket prices in the 7,000-seat lower bowl of the Wachovia Center by $16 (from $85 to $69); the first 11 rows of the Mezzanine Level by $10.50 (from $55 to $44.50); two other Mezzanine levels by $8.25 and $7 (from $40 to $31.75 and from $45 to $38); and the highest seats in the house by $3 (from $23 to $20). note: I have never actually seen a $23 ticket

Still pricey for the good seats but down from the completely insane $85. Really tough to take the family with any kind of regularity. Any seats under $50 are, as we say, unobtainium. I've managed to make about 10 games a season since the plasma TV became way cheaper than the season ticket package.

I'm glad its back though.
MoveQik
QUOTE (jgiroux67 @ Aug 1 2005, 09:11 PM)
I can't wait. I'm a die hard Pittsburgh Penguins fan. Anybody who doesnt like hockey has never seen in live/played it/ or is just insane. It is by far the best sport its just america has shit for taste in most things.

Wow...I love college football and basketball and I could care less about hockey so now evidently I have shit for tastes?? I hope all of us poor, sad Americans can some day have the exquisite tastes of a person such as your self. flag.gif
dkos
The NHL lock-out was directly responsible for my buying my rusty 914. I had to blow my time and money on something!

I can't wait for the season to start!

Go Flyers!

meares
nope....not at all.......however, hockey's not really big in the South.......unless the person is a transplant
jr91472
I fear that Modano is slipping away from the Stars.... screwy.gif
balljoint
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Aug 2 2005, 02:37 PM)
I fear that Modano is slipping away from the Stars.... screwy.gif

I think you're right, Boston has reportedly signed him already and will be announcing it today.

Yeah I missed hockey, and I am excited to get it back and see what the Leafs are going to do to the team this year.

Some fans miss it more than others though.

jgiroux67
Hahahaha, where on earth did you see that picture?
Mark Henry
QUOTE (balljoint @ Aug 2 2005, 02:42 PM)
Yeah I missed hockey, and I am excited to get it back and see what the Leafs are going to do to the team this year.

Lose smile.gif
campbellcj
QUOTE (RangerRhett @ Aug 1 2005, 05:04 PM)
Anybody else out there excited for 10/5/05: The day the NHL returns?

NOPE...
balljoint
QUOTE (jgiroux67 @ Aug 2 2005, 06:00 PM)
Hahahaha, where on earth did you see that picture?

Do a search on this site for "Home Depot has Leaf Blowers on Sale" wink.gif
balljoint
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Aug 2 2005, 07:18 PM)
Lose smile.gif

biggrin.gif No Doubt. But they can't be any worse than my Ti-Cats. sad.gif
carr914
I was a season ticket holder of THE Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning and had paid my renewal for the upcoming season. However after enduring the stupidity of the stoppage I cashed out. I'll follow my team, but I've had enough of the greed in sports. The players took a hit, but anyone who lets an idiot like Goodenow control their future deserves exactly what they get.

T.C.
carr914
Oh yeah, and Lord Stanley needs to keep his TAN.

T.C.
Yoei66
Hot Dog! I'm thrilled! My man Stevie Y also signed up for another season. Hope he gets another ring in his final season. GO WINGS!
mack914
I'm excited for those young men who have a dream of playing in the NHL. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
wheelo
Go Sharks !

Stanley Cup ...Baby !

- M

cool_shades.gif
carreraguy
I'm not an avid fan, love the action though. Still don't fully understand some of the rules. I'll attend a few of the Shark games this season thanks to friends with season tickets who sell them to me at their cost. Those who hold season tickets got a 10% discount as an apology from management for the strike. Definitely good for the downtown San Jose economy!
JerryP
Flyers sign Peter Forsberg......better 14 years late than never. hockeysmiley
jr91472
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STARS KEEP MADANO aktion035.gif

he made us sweat it out..........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.