Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not mine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
dhuckabay
Thank God it isn't.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224908525991?hash=...3wAAOSwl2NiQUvB

Really has to make one wonder if the prices have gone this crazy.
Jett
QUOTE(dhuckabay @ Mar 28 2022, 08:32 PM) *

Thank God it isn't.

She is rough but it might be a real six, although the Ad indicates a 73. The ignition looks like a stock 6 location.
dhuckabay
See the 73 also. First guess on the key was that a PO had placed it there, not in line with the rest of the knobs. Do have to give it to the Club, they know how to spiff up an ad, "just a little rust.'"

QUOTE(Jett @ Mar 28 2022, 08:55 PM) *

QUOTE(dhuckabay @ Mar 28 2022, 08:32 PM) *

Thank God it isn't.

She is rough but it might be a real six, although the Ad indicates a 73. The ignition looks like a stock 6 location.

mrholland2
Tail shifter
"Vintage" (destroyed) pre 1973 back pad
Receipts attached indicate a 1971
Angle of dash photo may be misleading about ignition alignment

Just noticing that stuff.
Jonathan Livesay
That car has extensive patina, I don't see a single piece that could be reused without thorough refurbishment. sad.gif
We could play "guess the original color" but I'm not sure we'd ever get a winner. Sure looks like a real 6 to me, right down to the hand throttle.
mgarrison
WTH is going on with the front, upper strut mounts??? Are they completely rusted through? Or, was it assembled incorrectly...something looks really weird! confused24.gif
Cairo94507
Appears to be an original 6 to me. Hand throttle, stock motor mount, original 6 multi-gauge, ignition, under engine lid stickers, etc. Definitely lived a very hard ignored, abused life. Those flares look like cheap glass to me and extremely poorly installed.
Cornerlot
Yes, looks like an original Six with solid pans. LOTS of needs but if that's the original engine its really not over priced.
tnchris
Does BHCC make a habit of not showing VIN's or is it just this one? Seems a lot of questions could be answered by showing some pics of some body tags and vin stickers
rhodyguy
A $35k project. Shitty pictures. Then you drop another $100k on it. Nope.
MM1
I would donate to the programmers of every car search website if we could filter out BHCC. . .seriously.
Badinfluence1
If it was a legit six BHCC would have shown the VIN- also the fender flares are a bit too big- it doesn't look like a 914/6 from the factory to me. And the fact that its from BHCC says beware... danger skulks about bs.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.