Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1.7 long block
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
davekillen
(Edited from original ad, decided to split this up)

Hi, I'm normally a 912 guy but I have a 1.7 long block that I'm not going to need. I was originally going to use it in a 912, but plans have changed for that car.

(carbs have sold separately, and I'll be removing the VW 411/412 heat exchangers seen in the photos and video)

I bought it years ago from a guy who was converting his 914 to electric. It was running when he removed it, and I've had it running on a stand.

Included is most of a set of L-jet fuel injection, which was on the engine when I bought it, despite not being correct for a 1.7. I don't have the ECU.

I have video of it running on the stand you can see here: https://youtu.be/S9EkxNjSMCU

That video is from a couple years ago; the engine has been in storage since then. I can do a compression test, etc (though I don't have a leakdown tester) if anyone is seriously interested.

Asking $500. Not including the stand or trans case seen in the video, but does include a good used clutch and pressure plate.

Located in Portland, OR. Pickup would be great, but I can help ship at buyer's expense.

thanks,
Dave
Van B
The "FI stuff" will probably help folks better understand what they're getting for the asking price. Also an engine number as 74 and 75 had changes thanks to evolving emissions rules.
nditiz1
Are the carbs included as well as the "FI stuff"?
Jett
@JamesJ may be interested, given the configuration
davekillen
Sorry, "FI stuff" is basically everything but the ECU. Plenum, runners, injectors, wire harness, AFM, etc.

And yes, the carbs are part of the deal. Engine as seen in the video, minus the stand and trans case, plus the fuel injection components.

I don't know if it was from a '74 or a '75. Seems like there's at least some interest so I'll get it out of storage take some photos soon.

DaveB
Dave - what is the case S/N on that engine?

DaveB
davekillen
Hi Dave, case number is EA001929.

If anyone is curious I checked while I was out there and the carbs are DRLA 40Ds.

Here's a quick photo of the case number; I'll take the engine out and get some more pix later tonight

Click to view attachment
jonferns
EA is a 1.7
SirAndy
QUOTE(jonferns @ Mar 31 2022, 02:46 PM) *

EA is a 1.7

http://www.914world.com/specs/engnumbs.php
agree.gif

Higher compression than the 1.8L, giving it a few more horses ...
driving.gif
davekillen
Whoa, really?! Damn, guess I was lied to all those years ago. Sorry for the inaccuracy and thanks for setting me straight. I'll see if I can edit the ad
davekillen
OK, here are some pix of what I now know to be a 1.7l engine.

The heat exchangers are from a VW 411, which were going to help when installing it in a 912.

The "FI stuff" I have is all in that photo. Obviously, the cap is missing from the AFM box, but inside it looks to be in good shape. I'm guessing someone opened it up at some point and didn't glue the cap back on securely.

The guy I bough the Delortos from had had them in a 912 with a type-4 conversion, hence the clearancing on the air filter (both sides are like that)... you have to do this to clear the 912 decklid hinges, apparently.

Any more questions, just let me know.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

davekillen
Ran out of photo space

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
IF those HE's are solid, I would list them at thesamba.
Van B
It is a 1.7 engine, but that is definitely L-Jetronic “FI stuff” from a 1.8L.
Skid
I’m interested in the carbs if you’d be willing to separate.
davekillen
Decided to split this up, carbs are sold, see original ad for updates
rick_cv
Looking for a core engine to rebuild for my newest project. I am local. Please pm, thanks.
davekillen
Everything's sold now, thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.