Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Help with obsolete Ford parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drew365
I need to find a power window motor for a mid to late '60's Ford. I have a part number but Ford shows it as obsolete and no replacement. Does anyone know of a good vendor for OE parts or can you get a window motor rebuilt? Sorry to act clueless but I figure a few of you have old Ford's. Thanks for any help.
SLITS
Yeh.....me.

If we have it, it will prolly be a core. I can check as to who to get it rebuilt by.

Gimmme da part number/application and I'll give it a go.
bd1308
i know they can be rebuilt? what's wrong with it exactly? windings, armature, brushes?
Twystd1
I suggest you might try "ALL FORD" in Anaheim, Cali.

phone number is (714) 993-2110

These guys either have or can find most ANY old obsolite part for a vintage Ford.

Tell whoever answers the phone that a friend of
"Little Tyler" from Huntington Beach steered you in their direction....

It helps..!!!! wink.gif

Twystd1
drew365
Slits; Part # CIAB-14553-A Power window motor. I believe its from a '66 T-Bird, but that's not what I'm using it for.
redshift
boldblue.gif oh my god! he bought a gt40 with power windows!

m
Aaron Cox
Vintage Ford Parts in stanton, CA

I *heard* they either moved or went out of business

AA
Kargeek
look up Dennis Carpenter Reproductions...they can direct you to something. Everything Ford.

drew365
I went to Dennis-Carpenter.com. You can email or fax requests for NOS parts but you can't call. Allow 3 to 6 WEEKS for a response. Now that's the power of the net.
biggrin.gif
RON S.
Drew,

FYI, C1AB is the prefix for a '61 galaxy part#

If you have a motor already that doesn't work,why don't you just take it apart and clean up the internals.

I've done a lot of old Ford P.W.motors from my own cars,and almost always to a T,what I 've seen is that over time,rainwater leaks down the inside of the doors,and ends up on the window motor.If the car sits for a long period of time,rust build up on the armiture huh.gif(I think thats what its called)and the brush contacts.
If you just take it apart,use emory cloth on the armature and brush contacts,re-grease the bushings in it,I'll bet it'll work.
Also,as for Dennis Carpenter,I can personally vouch for his outfit.He MAKES MOST OF HIS PARTS HIMSELF.All right out of his facility in Charlotte NC.About a mile from Lowes Motor Speedway.
I been there, and seen that.
You buy him,It'll say made in USA on the box.Everything'll even have a Ford part# on it,and a Ford authorized Quality assurance sticker.
Buy the taiwan import part if you like,but his fits right the first time.Been there and done that also.

Hope it helps,
Ron
meares
Year One should have them
Cap'n Krusty
3 words: Hemmings Motor News. Buy a copy at your local chain type bookstore. Wade through hundreds (thousands?) of pages of cars, parts, and vendors. At least they're organized by manufacturers ................ The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.