Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2022 - Sept 15-18 in Townsend TN
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
poorsche914
Click to view attachment

type.gif REGISTER HERE

From daily drivers and outlaws to garage queens and concours winners, all 914s are welcome at Okteenerfest! Make plans now to join other 914 owners for some fantastic driving, plenty of socializing, give-aways, and more. What’s that? You say your 914 is on jack stands? No worries. Plan to attend anyway as there is always an empty seat available. You won’t be disappointed.

Okteenerfest returns to its roots in the Smokies of east Tennessee and will be held in “the quiet side of the Smokies”... Townsend, TN. This year’s event gives you a choice of two routes: Taming the Dragon (featuring multiple passes on the Dragon) and Photo Tour of the Smokies (a leisurely drive through the Great Smoky Mountains with stops for scenic photos).

In addition to the driving, Okteenerfest features tech sessions, an awards ceremony, world-class entertainment, tons of give-aways from some very generous vendors, a Peoples Choice Car Show, and some of the nicest people you will ever meet gathered in a single place.

This year's Car Show will include some of the 914's "In-laws" in the form of vintage aircooled Porsches and V-dubs.

The fun begins THURSDAY afternoon with event check-in. Watch and be amazed as fellow teeners arrive and the parking area fills up with a kaleidoscope of colors. Meet up with friends new and old to catch up on what’s been going on the past couple years!

THURSDAY evening will feature a short “sunset drive” to experience the beauty of the Smokies followed by a simulcast with the guys attending Red Rocks Classic in Utah.

FRIDAY begins early with the “main event” – TWO drives on the area’s fantastic mountain roads. With planned rest and lunch stops along the way, the daylong drive is a 914 lover’s utopia.

SATURDAY begins with a People’s Choice Car Show followed by a “free” afternoon to go for a drive, check out the traffic jam in Pigeon Forge known as "Rod Run", or relax and rest up for the evening's activities.

The Awards Banquet this year will include the magic of Terry Evanswood, a Master Magician performing over 25 years in Pigeon Forge.

There are also other planned activities to be held throughout the weekend such as Tech Sessions, 914 Quiz, and more!

SUNDAY morning will bring the sounds of 914s rambling out of the parking lot as the event ends and attendees head home.

What more could you ask for? Mark your calendars and be sure to join other 914 owners for some fantastic driving, plenty of socializing, a bit of showing off, and a truckload of give-aways in a unique setting that you won’t want to miss.

WHY "OUTLAWS & IN-LAWS"?

With its mixed parentage of Porsche and Volkswagen, the 914 finds itself in a unique place when tracing its family tree. On the one hand, the 914 has the DNA of Porsche #1 with its mid-mounted engine also found in Porsche racing legends such as the 904 and the amazing 917. On the other hand, the 914 is chock full of VW family traits from interior bits to the original 1.7L type 4 engine. As you can imagine, family reunions can be a bit, shall we say, awkward.

Even among its own ranks, there are 914 purists who look down upon any customization. Adding flares and a flat 6 as a GT Tribute is okay but woe to those who add a big 6, racing decals and aftermarket wheels. You have just become an outlaw!

In an attempt to rectify this situation, Okteenerfest 2022 is proud to bring the two families together during the CAR SHOW portion of this multi-day event. The local VW clubs as well as PCA members are invited to bring out their vintage air-cooled machines for one huge family reunion!

type.gif REGISTER HERE

w00t.gif Some of the highlights of this year's event include:
• Sunset Drive on Thursday
• Simulcast event with Red Rocks Classic
• Friday Drive options: Taming the Dragon or Photo Tour in the Smokies
• Stock, Custom and Outlaw 914s will be joined by their In-laws
• Live entertainment at the banquet
• And all the usual stuff that makes Okteenerfest the premier 914 driving event in the southeast!

gint2.gif LODGING info is on the website.
CoronaMike
As a new resident of East Tennessee (California Refugee) I'll be super excited to be at my first Octeenerfest! I'm in!
poorsche914
QUOTE(CoronaMike @ Mar 31 2022, 08:28 AM) *
As a new resident of East Tennessee (California Refugee) I'll be super excited to be at my first Octeenerfest! I'm in!

We need to meet up sometime. I see you are in Maryville. I'm not too far away in Walland.

driving.gif
CoronaMike
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 31 2022, 07:40 AM) *

QUOTE(CoronaMike @ Mar 31 2022, 08:28 AM) *

We need to meet up sometime. I see you are in Maryville. I'm not too far away in Walland.

driving.gif

That would be awesome. I stick out like a sore thumb in Maryville in my yellow 914...I was smart though and changed out my license plate (or "tag" as they call it here) within the first day or 2 of arriving. wink.gif

DRPHIL914
saw the instagram post and so i already have the dates saved! thinking about coming up a few days earlier. really looking forward to it since i missed last year due to a failed relay board on the way up. My new motor is now broken in pretty good and tuned up and ready to go!!!
porsche914rick
driving.gif

Rick
Minerva's 914
beerchug.gif
poorsche914
type.gif REGISTRATION is now OPEN

driving.gif
bahnzai
Registered!
Jamie
Worth attending if just to get another of Steven's 914 artwork T-shirts! aktion035.gif I'm registered, again!
Al Meredith
registered , can't wait to see everyone again Al
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(bahnzai @ May 24 2022, 09:07 PM) *

Registered!
QUOTE(Jamie @ May 25 2022, 10:37 AM) *

Worth attending if just to get another of Steve's 914 artwork T-shirts! aktion035.gif I'm registered, again!
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ May 25 2022, 04:48 PM) *

registered , can't wait to see everyone again Al

would be great to see you guys again! i hope i can make it, i wish this were one week later, but i have a possible conflict in the family schedule, but having failed in my attempt to get there last year(failed relay board half the way there) i really would like to get the schedule worked out . so up in the air at this point....

phil
Aerostatwv
Registered and reserved! Look forward to getting together again! driving.gif
bandjoey
icon_bump.gif
Yeah Baby biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
I am going to miss getting together with everyone, but we are headed west that weekend.

We will see y'all on the video from Red Rocks.

Clay
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 22 2022, 07:08 PM) *

I am going to miss getting together with everyone, but we are headed west that weekend.

Clay

@ClayPerrine , hey Clay and Betty, sorry to hear that you guys wont be there this year, it wont be the same without you two! Enjoy Red Rocks see you on the stream.

BENBRO02
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 22 2022, 07:08 PM) *

Clay

Have fun at Red Rocks, you’ll both be missed.
BENBRO02
I reserved my hotel room today. Hopefully my 914 will be up to the task. When‘s the cutoff for registration?
poorsche914
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Jun 24 2022, 12:41 PM) *

I reserved my hotel room today. Hopefully my 914 will be up to the task. When‘s the cutoff for registration?

Cutoff for registration will be mid August.

steve
driving.gif
poorsche914
I put together a promo video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDBHAeYnHtk

steve
driving.gif
Tonyooc
I'll get signed up and register soon, I've just been lazy about doing it. blink.gif
rfinegan
registered and Hotel reserved...see you there...

-Robert
Olympic 914
Will have to hold off registering this year.

Our 14 yr old Akita, Stevie, is just holding on. and putting her in the kennel to come down would probably be the end for her. even though the kennel we use has been very good with our dogs for years.
She is not good with strangers, so having someone come to take care of her is out of the question.

Family comes first.

Click to view attachment

poorsche914
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Aug 5 2022, 10:12 AM) *
Family comes first.

Always.

driving.gif
TonyA
Beautiful dog. Someone once told me all dogs go to heaven and all the dogs in our life will be there to greet us when our time comes.
DRPHIL914
piratenanner.gif

Registered!!

Still have to get my tow bar set up connected but i plan on flat towing, see you all there!

Phil.

shades.gif
poorsche914
Looking forward to seeing what you've done to your 914 in the past couple years!

steve
driving.gif

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Aug 5 2022, 12:42 PM) *

piratenanner.gif

Registered!!

Still have to get my tow bar set up connected but i plan on flat towing, see you all there!

Phil.

shades.gif

lvnzdrm
All registered... will be a bit different this year. driving from Tennessee in stead of Virginia!!
poorsche914
QUOTE(lvnzdrm @ Aug 7 2022, 07:30 PM) *
All registered... will be a bit different this year. driving from Tennessee in stead of Virginia!!

Welcome to Tennessee, Jon! bye1.gif
t collins
Registered beerchug.gif
trojanhorsepower
All set, Hugh and I will be there.
poorsche914
OKTEENERFEST 2022 SPONSORS
Click logo for more information.

914-6 Werkshop @mb911 Ben McFarland
Click to view attachment

Doug Leehr's Aluminum Rocker Panels @dlee6204
Click to view attachment

EvilWerks @Dr_Evil
Click to view attachment

LED Lighting @spoke
Click to view attachment

LN Engineering / Type 4 Store
Click to view attachment

Maddog Motorsports @maddog
Click to view attachment

PMB Performance @Eric_Shea
Click to view attachment

Vintage LED Headlights
Click to view attachment

129Photos - Photographer on The Dragon
Click to view attachment

more to come...
BENBRO02
QUOTE(lvnzdrm @ Aug 7 2022, 07:30 PM) *

Jon, Are you bringing your wife? Fay and I will both be there. I just completed our registrations. Only 453 miles each way, I hope the car makes it!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 13 2022, 11:58 AM) *

OKTEENERFEST 2022 SPONSORS

914-6 Werkshop @mb911 Ben McFarland
Click to view attachment

Doug Leehr's Aluminum Rocker Panels @dlee6204
Click to view attachment

EvilWerks @Dr_Evil
Click to view attachment

LED Lighting @spoke
Click to view attachment

LN Engineering / Type 4 Store
Click to view attachment

Maddog Motorsports @maddog
Click to view attachment

PMB Performance @Eric_Shea
Click to view attachment

Vintage LED Headlights
Click to view attachment

129Photos - Photographer on The Dragon
Click to view attachment

more to come...

wow thats quite a list !!!!

I just reserved my room, registered last week so i guess i am committed. I am planning on flat towing this year. hope i will be able to test that set up this weekend to make sure its ready to go.

Been a long time since the last time we were in Townsend, i am looking forward to being back.

Phil
poorsche914
ANOTHER OKTEENERFEST 2022 SPONSOR

Rix 914 Parts

Click to view attachment
BENBRO02
Hey Northeast 914 Gathering enthusiasts,

Don’t miss this great event, more super cool people and Tail of the Dragon!

@nditiz1
@cause
@Spoke
@Th3wolf
@Dion
@theer
@Saigon71
@Olympic 914
@Big Len
@BeatNavy
@rgolia
@OrangeBones
@ejm
@GregAmy
@StarBear
@MDTerp
@TonyA
@Vaccarabite
@Geezer914
@sjhenry1075
@Nine14four
@rmital
@rgalla9146

I’m calling y’all (all of you) out to make the trek and have a great time.
Fay and I will be there.

Ben Broker (Benbro02)
---
WARNING: Too many @ tags!
---
BENBRO02
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Aug 23 2022, 06:22 PM) *

@nditiz1
@cause
@Spoke
@Th3wolf
@Dion
@theer
@Saigon71
@Olympic 914
@Big Len
@BeatNavy
@rgolia
@OrangeBones
@ejm
@GregAmy
@StarBear
@MDTerp
@TonyA
@Vaccarabite
@Geezer914
@sjhenry1075
@Nine14four
@rmital
@rgalla9146

Fay and I will be there.

Ben Broker (Benbro02)
---
---

Darn! Too many @ tags
BeatNavy
I'd love to Ben...but that's 10 hours + one way for me. Not sure I can swing that.

ONE day I'll get to Okteenerfest!
GregAmy
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Aug 23 2022, 06:23 PM) *
Darn! Too many @ tags

biggrin.gif lol...

Would love to join as well, but I will be spending late September prepping for the SCCA Runoffs at VIR...leaving that following Saturday...

If you're in the area of VIR the week of Sept 24-Oct 2, come find the big white "Maximum Attack Motorsports" trailer in the grass paddock to your left as you're driving in toward the main paddock. Not driving the racer 914* - look for that car at the Lime Rock Historics over Labor Day weekend - but I will have kegs at VIR and free beer to any 914 owner that drives up to our paddock spaces. Lookin at you, @Ham Inc (same general location we were in 2019).

- GA

*Close...its water-cooled Axis cuz, the Toyota MR2. our race is 10/1 Saturday afternoon.
ejm
Sounds like fun! I'll see you Thursday night via the simulcast from Red Rocks biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
poorsche914
TWO MORE OKTEENERFEST 2022 SPONSORS

914 Rubber

Click to view attachment

MSDS

Click to view attachment
rgolia
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Aug 23 2022, 06:22 PM) *

@nditiz1
@cause
@Spoke
@Th3wolf
@Dion
@theer
@Saigon71
@Olympic 914
@Big Len
@BeatNavy
@rgolia
@OrangeBones
@ejm
@GregAmy
@StarBear
@MDTerp
@TonyA
@Vaccarabite
@Geezer914
@sjhenry1075
@Nine14four
@rmital
@rgalla9146

Fay and I will be there.

Ben Broker (Benbro02)
---
---

I would love to make this, but gonna have to wait until I am retired. I will need two days to get there and two days to get back (it is a 10hr ride and this body can barely handle 5hrs per day in those stock seats). One more year of this work ish and I will be ready.
rgalla9146

I'm sorry to say I won't be able to do it.
I'll be on a long planned visit my to daughter as well as a few days in Crete.
Plus, my engine (fingers crossed) will be too fresh to take such a long trip.
Rory
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 23 2022, 06:32 PM) *

I'd love to Ben...but that's 10 hours + one way for me. Not sure I can swing that.

Wuss...

We have done Okteenerfest for years, and it is 13.5 hours of driving. We have even done it with 2 914s, driving all the way.

Only reason we are not there this year is we are going to Red Rocks. We will see everyone on the simulcast!

Clay
VaccaRabite
This is an event I'd love to get to. But its so hard to take off time during the school year.

I drive down this way whenever I head to Denton/Texoma and its just about the midpoint for me at 12 hours. Just too far for me to get to while I have littles that I also need to get to school on Friday and Monday bookending the weekend.

There are so many good roads out this way too!

Zach
BENBRO02
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 23 2022, 07:32 PM) *

Only 7 hours and 36 minutes (453 miles) each way for me.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 24 2022, 10:34 AM) *

Wuss...

Guilty as charged smile.gif
BENBRO02
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Aug 24 2022, 11:11 AM) *

This is an event I'd love to get to. But its so hard to take off time during the school year.

I drive down this way whenever I head to Denton/Texoma and its just about the midpoint for me at 12 hours. Just too far for me to get to while I have littles that I also need to get to school on Friday and Monday bookending the weekend.

There are so many good roads out this way too!

Zach

I forget about the days of having school age children. I’m to the point where I better do it now because I may be too old next year.
BENBRO02
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 24 2022, 09:44 AM) *

I'm sorry to say I won't be able to do it.
I'll be on a long planned visit my to daughter as well as a few days in Crete.
Plus, my engine (fingers crossed) will be too fresh to take such a long trip.
Rory

Break that engine in and maybe we’ll see you next year.
BENBRO02
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 24 2022, 10:34 AM) *

Wuss...

We have done Okteenerfest for years, and it is 13.5 hours of driving. We have even done it with 2 914s, driving all the way.

Only reason we are not there this year is we are going to Red Rocks. We will see everyone on the simulcast!

Clay

You and Betty are the King and Queen of travel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.