Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Before you steal my 914....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drem914
Fun Hagarty article read

https://www.hagerty.com/media/advice/a-few-...u-steal-my-914/
Olympic 914
Good sense of humor.

A lot of us can relate.
flipb
Solid, but too bad the author didn't have a '74 with seat belt ignition interlock... another whole dimension of anti-theft security!
vitamin914
I almost peed my self laughing so hard...
StarBear
Gee, he didn't even get to the rust, though covered most everything else quite nicely!
Root_Werks
I liked it, gave me a few chuckles! smile.gif
wonkipop
laugh.gif
Steve
Very accurate, he obviously owns one.
NARP74
Too funny!
mepstein
OMG. He must own my first 914.
Sycolyst
Good one! I can relate...
Jett
Great read!
DBF
So this is what I get to look forward to after I get my brakes refurbished, gas tank cleaned and installed, fuel lines replaced, new tires, engine rebuilt and engine/transaxle installed?
BENBRO02
Very funny article. My car has a side shift and it’s pretty hard to find gears. I can only imagine how bad a tail shift is. Who uses Mobil 1 in their 914?
SO.O.C914er
True that!! no one could write that without having owned one. Today’s young theft would fall into deep depression five miles down the road! Good find Franz lol-2.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
dcecc1968
Hilarious! Thanks for sharing
emerygt350
"Poking a bag of gears with a stick" -priceless
mxkinn01
That was all so true. My wife is always busting my chops because I leave the keys in the car when it's in the garage. She says it will get stolen. I tell her none of these young thieves could drive it (she can't drive it either). Not only does it have a steering wheel, it has a third pedal and shifter with an unusual pattern.
Funny, all my kids and grand kids are experts at using a gaming controller and make the characters spin, jump, kick, hit, flip and shoot while pressing 100 buttons at a time; but three pedals, a shifter and a steering wheel defeat them.
confused24.gif
Mike
Dion
agree.gif lol-2.gif
mate914
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Apr 1 2022, 11:07 AM) *

That was all so true. My wife is always busting my chops because I leave the keys in the car when it's in the garage. She says it will get stolen. I tell her none of these young thieves could drive it (she can't drive it either). Not only does it have a steering wheel, it has a third pedal and shifter with an unusual pattern.
Funny, all my kids and grand kids are experts at using a gaming controller and make the characters spin, jump, kick, hit, flip and shoot while pressing 100 buttons at a time; but three pedals, a shifter and a steering wheel defeat them.
confused24.gif
Mike

Now that is funny and true. Plus those same kids/young adults can tell the rest of us how the world should be ran.
Matt flag.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mate914 @ Apr 1 2022, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Apr 1 2022, 11:07 AM) *

confused24.gif
Mike

Now that is funny and true. Plus those same kids/young adults can tell the rest of us how the world should be ran.
Matt flag.gif

<sarcasm> QUICK! Put them in charge while they still know everything! </sarcasm>
Brett W
He forgot to mention the extra switch for the electric fuel pump, cuz you were too lazy to wire it to the ignition. Therefore the car will only car far enough to use up the fuel in the float bowls before it starts stumbling to a halt.
relentless
He forgot the part where anybody over 40 or with bad knees can't even get in it, unless you know the secret.
siverson
Was surprised to see a 914 article in the #1 position at Hacker News today...

https://news.ycombinator.com/

-Steve

Sea Rooster
QUOTE(relentless @ Apr 1 2022, 02:57 PM) *

He forgot the part where anybody over 40 or with bad knees can't even get in it, unless you know the secret.

I give...

What's the secret? I push my seat all the way back and level it out before getting out. Am I close?
bkrantz
QUOTE(relentless @ Apr 1 2022, 01:57 PM) *

Is it one of these?
DBF
Here's the best SNL skit in years about stealing a car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3VRK8au3dU
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.