Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outer rocker cover mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ishley
I’m about to weld in and close up the long on the drivers side. I have welded in the nuts at the bottom off the inner rocker cover and checked the alignment of the outer rocker cover. My car did not have steel covers only some cheap fiberglass covers with no steel under it. The mount was not right so I was not be able to use it as a guide.

The mounts to the fender have me a little baffled. The diagrams have a tapping screw, washer, rubber spacer and a speed nut. My new RD rocker cover does not have a hole at this location.

Question: Is the mount accomplished by sandwiching the rocker between this or is there supposed to be a small hole drilled in the cover that the screw feeds thru to secure the cover to the fender? It feels like drilling a hole would be more secure… but I don’t want to add a hole to fix if this is wrong. Again… this just has to do with how these rocker covers connect at the fender points. The rest of it I have it all set.

How is it done correctly?
dlee6204
The rockers would have a hole on each end for the speed nut. The tapping screw would go through the fender, through the rubber spacer and into the speed nut.
Ishley
Perfect! That seems right. I was just about to drill the holes and I thought I’d better ask. Thanks for the response. Where in western NC are you located. Wife and I are thinking about making a run down to Brevard to see some friends in a few weeks. If your close maybe I could stop by and say hello.
dlee6204
QUOTE(Ishley @ Mar 31 2022, 08:33 PM) *

Perfect! That seems right. I was just about to drill the holes and I thought I’d better ask. Thanks for the response. Where in western NC are you located. Wife and I are thinking about making a run down to Brevard to see some friends in a few weeks. If your close maybe I could stop by and say hello.

Please do. I'm just north of Asheville so I'm not too far from Brevard.
Ishley
Ok. I’ll let you know when we have a plan finalized. Thanks again for your help!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.