Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 4 lug Mahle wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jhynesrockmtn
I'm starting in on a 72 resto I've been sitting on for a few years. I'm hoping to find a set (preferably 5) 4 lug Mahle's. I'm in Spokane WA. I do have 4 2.0 4 lug Fuchs if anyone is interested in a trade.
914Sixer
A word to the wise. Make sure each wheel has been spun balanced and checked for being out of round. These wheels were cast and not forged. Most are bent at this juncture.
mepstein
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 1 2022, 10:35 AM) *

A word to the wise. Make sure each wheel has been spun balanced and checked for being out of round. These wheels were cast and not forged.

agree.gif It’s hard to find a set that don’t have flat spots or wobbles.
BK911
Thought the 72s would have had pedrinis?
Regardless, I will 2nd or 3rd the bent rim issue.
I bought 4 sets and a few singles to end up with 8 straight wheels.
moldygreg
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Apr 1 2022, 06:57 AM) *

I'm starting in on a 72 resto I've been sitting on for a few years. I'm hoping to find a set (preferably 5) 4 lug Mahle's. I'm in Spokane WA. I do have 4 2.0 4 lug Fuchs if anyone is interested in a trade.

I need qty ONE. So... if you wind up with extra, let me know and I'll purchase it and/or get it when I'm in Spokane

Cheers!

Greg
jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(BK911 @ Apr 4 2022, 09:36 AM) *

Thought the 72s would have had pedrinis?
Regardless, I will 2nd or 3rd the bent rim issue.
I bought 4 sets and a few singles to end up with 8 straight wheels.

Thanks for the advice on the condition. I was aiming for a bit of a non traditional final product so not too concerned with originality but may need to head in a different direction.
914Sixer
All the way across the country from you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.