Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 914 booklet found on ebay.de
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
I saw the 1974 medallion on the cover and am curious.

Absurdly priced.

Similar 914 booklets for other years also on german ebay.
SirAndy
@JeffBowlsby

This seems to be some sort of publication for dealership sales people.

There's a "Rallye" listing various people from different dealerships and their sales % of 914s compared to each other.

There's also a section on the customers favorite colors (i'm assuming also based on sales numbers).

This appears to be some sort of report/summary for the '74 model year. (it also makes references to similar publications from previous years)

The first inner page lists the "VW-Porsche Vertriebsgessellschaft mbH" as the source of this so this is an official publication specifically for the 914.

I'm going to assume this was for internal use only and is probably extremely rare to find these days.
idea.gif
SirAndy
Interesting bit i just saw, they are still listing the "center seat cushion" as an option (M 570) in this even though the '74 bodies didn't have the threaded holes for the center seat belts anymore.

14.2% of customers still bought those cushions in '74
driving.gif
JeffBowlsby
Thanks Andy. I will post the others years booklets separately for any info they provide.

I had tried to contact you at your sirandy address but received "temporary problem delivering your message". So posted here.
wonkipop
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 1 2022, 12:22 PM) *

@JeffBowlsby

This seems to be some sort of publication for dealership sales people.

There's a "Rallye" listing various people from different dealerships and their sales % of 914s compared to each other.

There's also a section on the customers favorite colors (i'm assuming also based on sales numbers).

This appears to be some sort of report/summary for the '74 model year. (it also makes references to similar publications from previous years)

The first inner page lists the "VW-Porsche Vertriebsgessellschaft mbH" as the source of this so this is an official publication specifically for the 914.

I'm going to assume this was for internal use only and is probably extremely rare to find these days.
idea.gif

yes, i would say they are pretty rare.

the one from 73 is interesting too.

talks about broader business issues.
one topic in the index is "business cycle in autumn 1973.

another is a technical comparison VW Porsche 914/2.0 and Matra Simca Bgheera.

a general one, "Pros and Cons, General Accusation against the car as a Transport Vehicle".

"Letter to the Editor". smile.gif

perhaps an in-house magazine circulated amongst staff?
not just marketing, but seems to also cover technical issues.

from the collection of a former VW or VW-Porsche staff member?

you could probably find the entire set all still held in VW museum archives if you were a history scholar and wanted to access them. but it would mean a trip to germany.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.