Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Turn Signal Switch Replacement?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
I’m trying to find out if there’s a 911 turn signal switch that can be made to work in a 914-6.

The current project has a switch but the cancel mechanism is broken for one side.

I was thinking that there was a 911 switch that would work with some easy modification.
mepstein
The 911 switches will work but are usually big money. There are guys who repair and restore switches. Also big money but at least you know what you are getting. Check over at ESR for names of rebuilders.
914Sixer
Check with Jeff Bowlsby, he made one from 911. Rich at HPH may have one.
mb911
I use a 911 switch in my car and just soldered on the connector like a 914-6.
ClayPerrine
The mid years 911 switch will work, but it won't look right in a real six. The shaft is different. The shaft on the early switches is a U shaped stamped steel part, the mid years are a steel rod. The early 911 switch is the same, but the electrical connector is different.

IronHillRestorations
@ClayPerrine so 69-73??
Biggles
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Apr 3 2022, 01:16 AM) *

I’m trying to find out if there’s a 911 turn signal switch that can be made to work in a 914-6.

The current project has a switch but the cancel mechanism is broken for one side.

I was thinking that there was a 911 switch that would work with some easy modification.

I had this problem not too long ago.
Looked in Europe and US for.someone to fix the original switch. Only one person in US said he could do it. It was something like $1000. I ended up buying a NOS one from Freisinger Motorsport in Germany. It was £600. V expensive but they dont make 'em anymore !
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes we use a 68-73 and rewire the end for the factory 914-6 connector

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Apr 2 2022, 05:16 PM) *

IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 4 2022, 06:30 AM) *

yes we use a 68-73 and rewire the end for the factory 914-6 connector

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Apr 2 2022, 05:16 PM) *

Thanks George
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.