Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory six header diameter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
retrotech
Does anyone know the diameter of stock 6 cyl. exchangers?
Maltese Falcon
should be eqivalent to 1.375" (ID) just convert to mm. This would be 1.5" ( OD), just minus the 1/16" wall dia. of the tube. You can proll'y get away with up to 2.7L
street engine with OE Hboxes...anything larger in displacement will be will be like breathing thru a straw. mad.gif
MF
retrotech
Thanks, that is what I was looking for. So do you think 1 1/2" will give me any incease performance, or should I go 1 5/8? I have a 2.8. with 46mm carbs, 10.3 to 1 compression.
I appreciate any input.
Maltese Falcon
Retro, the HBs will limit the peak performance of that bad ol 2.8. I strongly suggest the 1.625" OD (1 5/8"). PM me if you want a new header set in the box (we are having a 914club summer sale), or clicky link to our site below.
Marty
retrotech
Marty,

Where is the link?
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Maltese Falcon @ Aug 2 2005, 07:11 PM)
Retro, the HBs will limit the peak performance of that bad ol 2.8. I strongly suggest the 1.625" OD (1 5/8"). PM me if you want a new header set in the box (we are having a 914club summer sale), or clicky link to our site below.
Marty

Isn't 1 5/8 OD, 1.5 ID
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.