Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back pad or no back pad?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
I have after market seats similar to the corbeau forza's. I need to decide wether to reapolster (i dont know how to spell) the backpad and use it with these seats or just put carpet or something else on the firewall instead.
If anybody has pictures of what they have used other than the backpad please post them. Or any pictures of aftermarket seats with the stock backpad that would be great too.
scotty914
okay give this a try for like 20 bucks or so

take some card board and tape it to the firewall. the get some contact cement, and some foam from you local fabric store. then just start cutting and glueing foam to the card board with the seats in the car. once you get it built up past where you want it use a carving knife ( the electric meat type ) to even and smooth it out. when you are happy glue a single layer of 1/4 inch foam over the whole thing. then try glueing some felt or something over it to see if you like it.

or even get it sticked up with vinyl. if you like it you need to stifen or replace the cardboard with some thing stonger. you could even just strip down a stock back pad. you could for a cheap but not long lasting base just soak the card board with epoxy resin
914Timo
I did my from F/G. Seats are OMP.
914Timo
scotty914
hey tim those seat look like exactly what i want. whicjh model are they, and are they comfy
914Timo
hey tim those seat look like exactly what i want. whicjh model are they, and are they comfy

Oh, yes. Thay are very confy. The model name is comfort laugh.gif

LINK

Seriously, they are ok, but not 100% comfy. I think the quality is not the best part of them. I am not a big guy (about 70 kg), but sometimes I think they can not carry even my weight properly. The side bolsters of the back are too big for 914s. Hard to get in and out. So, go and test them first and then decide if you like them or not. I think they are cheap and they feel cheap too. But, when I bought them about 4 years ago they were the only model that fit even barely inside 914s. All other models were too wide and high.

jgiroux67
I realy like the looks of that interior. How did you make that?
rhodyguy
konig. it just clears the indent in the backpad.

k
rhodyguy
zxcv
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.