Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Definitive temp scale for console gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
Yes, there is a LOT of discussion here and I've read all of it I'm sure - most of it multiple times but is there a definitive temp scale for the small console gauge with the small red zone 914 641 118 30 and a 200c sender?

Does it match with the small-red-zone combo gauge 914 641 101 50?
914Sixer
There same factory sender works with both gauges. My understanding is there is different resistance in each gauge.
GregAmy
Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
Can anything without a printed scale be considered definitive?
FlacaProductions
That's what I'm looking for @Superhawk996 - to put numbers on that numberless scale.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Apr 5 2022, 11:14 AM) *

That's what I'm looking for @Superhawk996 - to put numbers on that numberless scale.

Setting aside the question of why, you have the numbers for the center console gauges and as you can see, the calibration of the gauge is dependent on what temp sensor is used.

I have not seen a similar calibration for the combination gauge and/or the 914/6 gauge. In the same manner as the center gauges, the calibration of the scale would be dependent on what temperature sensor is used.

As we all know by know, there are lots of gauges out there with the wrong sender. So maybe still not definitive unless you calibrate your gauge to your sender.

Would be easy enough to do. Hook up gauge and sensor on bench, submerse the sensing portion of the sender in oil, heat up the oil and note positions at each desired temperature increment of the oil using a IR temp gun, candy thermometer, or Thermocouple.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.