Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trouble getting computer off of battery tray
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
On my 74 1.8 the 2 10mm bolts holding computer to tray turn when wrench applied, but the won’t back out. Anyone encounter this? Any tips short of cutting it out. I’m in the process of taking engine out and don’t want to mess with plug to computer in
wonkipop
been a couple of years since i had mine out and cleaned it all out.

from memory i had no problems.
tray or the ones down into the engine surround.
i had it all out.

the plug from the computer is not difficult.
there is a little spring clip you push down on at bottom. press as you pull it out.
should come out easy.

worry about the bolts later. sounds like a thread stripped or something.
Van B
Unplug it! Real easy and safe. Push down on the silver tab at the bottom of the plug and pull the bottom of the plug out/away at the same time. The plug hinges on the top and can be pulled clear real easy.

Then when you get the engine out, you can get in there and deal with the mount bolts.
rosenfe
That sounds good. I’ll just remove plug
Dave_Darling
The sliding cover over the plug wouldn't come out on my 2.0 with the ECU in place.

IIRC, there was another bolt over toward the right that I removed to release the back of the ECU from the bracket. I later found out I could have just loosened it; it was in a keyhole-shaped hole so it can slide to one side a bit then pop out.

Not certain this applies to L-jet ECUs though.

--DD
Van B
L-Jet computer unplugs easy. But the only way to get the computer out with the engine in is to remove the one foot bolt and two top bolts. The the computer comes out with the tray and you remove the two bolts on the face of the computer (plug side) to remove it from the tray.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.