Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guess what this is for
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
Wanted to share but not letting the cat out of the bag just yet. It will be a long project.

Guesses?Click to view attachment
Van B
Model trainset that you've recently taken up as a cheaper hobby alternative to Porsches?
Superhawk996
Looks to me like a fixture base for something with 3 of something per side. idea.gif
tygaboy
Intake manifold component of some sort?
mb911
Phil getting close. Looking to make something for a monster 4.0 down the road.
T.Rick6
1.75 exhaust header fixture ?? beerchug.gif I'm in like flin piratenanner.gif
Root_Werks
Was thinking it was a panel for chassis strengthening.
mb911
QUOTE(T.Rick6 @ Apr 5 2022, 06:36 AM) *

Winner.. I will be working through all the pitfalls with big engines and 915 trans..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
How did you know?

QUOTE(Van B @ Apr 5 2022, 06:47 AM) *

Model trainset that you've recently taken up as a cheaper hobby alternative to Porsches?

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Click to view attachment
mb911
George that's awesome.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Van B @ Apr 5 2022, 08:47 AM) *

FYI.. model trains, if done right, are just as expensive as 914s.

Mine are in a box and have been for years. I have too many car parts around here to set up the trains.

Clay
Steve
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 5 2022, 07:40 AM) *

Winner.. I will be working through all the pitfalls with big engines and 915 trans..

My next project is upgrading my 3.2 to a 3.6 with 1.75 MSDS headers. I would love to try your fixture with the 3.6 and my 915 trans. I am curious how much of a difference there will be between 1.75 MSDS headers and the 1 5/8" heat exchangers I already bought from you. As you mentioned before, the limiting factor is the 2"? Outlet to the muffler on each side. Are you also going to make these for 1 5/8 and 1.5" headers? The issue is going to be who are you designing against. I have seen various configurations between the various header vendors.
930cabman
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 5 2022, 10:32 AM) *

QUOTE(Van B @ Apr 5 2022, 08:47 AM) *

FYI.. model trains, if done right, are just as expensive as 914s.

Mine are in a box and have been for years. I have too many car parts around here to set up the trains.

Clay

Too bad, there might be a pill for that?
mb911
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 5 2022, 09:01 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 5 2022, 07:40 AM) *

My next project is upgrading my 3.2 to a 3.6 with 1.75 MSDS headers. I would love to try your fixture with the 3.6 and my 915 trans. I am curious how much of a difference there will be between 1.75 MSDS headers and the 1 5/8" heat exchangers I already bought from you. As you mentioned before, the limiting factor is the 2"? Outlet to the muffler on each side. Are you also going to make these for 1 5/8 and 1.5" headers? The issue is going to be who are you designing against. I have seen various configurations between the various header vendors.

Steve so the plan is to have a minimum of 2.25 secondary if that make sense and probably v band which makes it extremely easy to adapt to standard mufflers or extensions for the 915.
T.Rick6
Ben,
When will you take deposits on your new 1.75 HE's ? I want in please..
Please keep the updates comming, really cool to see how its done.

beerchug.gif Todd
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Ben you have a great admirer here of your skill and invention. Few like you exist in this world anymore, and they are certainly not out there now growing up and learning. Once we all die, who will be there to teach youth?

mlindner
Ben is in Wisconsin, this is a cribbage board made to last.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.