Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 914-6 Race Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Greg914-6GT
I'm moving to Italy, so I'm selling this car. I don't need to sell the car, so I'm pretty firm on the price. I bought a shop a drive on lift, so its stored for free. It just deserves to be driven. I bought the car in NY back in2014. We did a few shake down runs in it at Sebring. I ended up buying another 914-6 that was set up to run in HSR and race it. This car hasn’t been raced by me and was only used during track days by the previous owner. When the previous owner died his children sold the car, so I don’t have any other history. Since the car was just being stored I was asked to display it by Porsche. The car spent years on display at Porsche Car of North America Headquarters in Atlanta. I live close to Tampa, the car is being stored in Melbourne, FL. I’m asking $52,000 and the buyer is responsible for shipping. I do have the title for the car. You will see in some pictures there was a huge wing and front splitter, they are currently not on the car, but I have them. Below you will see a description of the conversion from a 4 to a six, and many other modifications. Since owning it, Zotz's Racing put in the large fuel cell, lexan windshield, and JB racing distributor and duel MSD boxes . The dates for all the safety equipment and seat are old per FIA rules. They would be fine for DEs. Personally the belts should be replaced. If you are serious, you are more than welcome to look at the car in person.

Respectfully,
Greg

I can send interested parties a link to tons of pictures on Dropbox, you will have to provide me your email address. I would share it publicly, but I had some people hijack some pictures and use them in their Facebook profile acting like they were the owner.

This is a link to you tube of the car being driven at Sebring:
https://youtu.be/5gWw50g3y9k

The guy who built the car sent me this:
Hi Greg,
The following is as I remember the work performed on this 914 as I do not have any recorded any more.
I first starting working on the car when it was still a street/track car with a 2.4 L 4 cylinder and 901 trans around 1989. I started building the 6 cylinder engine as the car was still run with the 4 in it around 1990-1. Then when the drivetrain was built we gutted the car, installed the tubing, modified the suspension, installed the oiling system and installed the custom body work. A lot time and effort went into lightening and balancing the car. The last time I worked on the car was around 2005. The owner throughout the build was Bob Glasser. Around 2004 he purchased a 996 Cup Car and the 914 was put aside. The 914 was only used for DE events as I remember. The times that I drove the car I found it to be very quick and a great handling car. I ran times with it that would easily run up front in its class in any PCA race event.
The following are the specs of 914 the last time I worked on it.
914/4 chassis.
Chassis stripped and tubing installed for safety and reinforcement.
As much sheet metal removed as possible and a Sheridan wide body kit installed.
Rear wing plates and front splitter molded using lite weight fiberglass with micro bubbles..
Custom side window inserts fabricated.
GT Racing roof panel installed.
Brake cooling ducts and oil cooler box fabricated.
GT Racing rear bumper and rear valance installed.
Suspension & Brakes
Front control arms from a 911 Turbo with urethane bushings
Turbo tie rods
Bilstein RSR front struts with raised spindles
Drilled torsion bars
911 Turbo front brake calipers
Wrightwood racing front rotor hats and rotors
Pagid blue race pads
Adjustable front sway bar.
Trailing arms reinforced
Bilstein Race rear coilovers with Eibach sprngs.
Adjustable rear sway bar.
911 Turbo rear calipers custom machined to fit.
911 Turbo rear brake rotors.
Pagid yellow race pads
9in Fuchs wheels front and 11in CMW wheels rear
Engine & transaxle
2.4 liter engine case align bored and shuffle pinned
ARP head studs
2.8 RSR Mahle piston and cylinder set.
Carillo rods.
Crankshaft balanced, lighted and knife edged.
911 Turbo oil pump.
Heads twin plugged with over sized valves and ported and flowed.
2.8 RSR camshafts
Intakes port matched.
High butterfly throttles.
Mechanical pump from Gus Pfister
Electromotive crankfire ignition
Oil lines and cooler by Mariah metal fabrication
Headers and mufflers custom made by Kooks.
Additional exhaust with umbrella mufflers
Dyno tuned approx. 360 HP
Quaife Limited slip
Lightweight flywheel and clutch assembly
Most all of the above work was performed by me except as noted.

Thank you
Barry
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=831
819]
troth
Engine alone probably worth more than that asking price if it's fresh. Never mind the calipers. Thanks for sharing the video. Good luck with the sale.
Bullethead
+1 What he said. That a lot of car for the asking... looks like it's done right. GLWTS.
Greg914-6GT
QUOTE(troth @ Apr 6 2022, 06:15 AM) *

Engine alone probably worth more than that asking price if it's fresh. Never mind the calipers. Thanks for sharing the video. Good luck with the sale.

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping I priced it appropriately.
Greg914-6GT
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Apr 6 2022, 06:39 AM) *

+1 What he said. That a lot of car for the asking... looks like it's done right. GLWTS.

Appreciate your positive comments
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.