Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Timing Hole Plug FOUND
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Jim C
I am searching for a timing hole plug for the cooling fan shroud that supposedly came with the dealer installed A/C kit. This plug would have a fitting to accept a hose from the engine compartment mounted charcoal cannister and would have been used on 75 - 76 2.0 liters.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Jim C @ Apr 6 2022, 11:13 AM) *

I am searching for a timing hole plug for the cooling fan shroud that supposedly came with the dealer installed A/C kit. This plug would have a fitting to accept a hose from the engine compartment mounted charcoal cannister and would have been used on 75 - 76 2.0 liters.

Never seen or heard of what you describe. A port on the timing plug will draw air into the fan. The canister need air input and the output into the intake.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 6 2022, 07:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Jim C @ Apr 6 2022, 11:13 AM) *

Never seen or heard of what you describe. A port on the timing plug will draw air into the fan. The canister need air input and the output into the intake.

They exist. Betty's car had one on it when she first got it. It was done to replace charcoal canister connection on cars with dealer installed AC. The compressor mount blocks the original fitting.

Clay
TheCabinetmaker
My 73 had ac with that fitting.
KevinW
I have this one that I don’t need.
Jim C
QUOTE(KevinW @ Apr 7 2022, 05:03 PM) *

PM sent
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(KevinW @ Apr 7 2022, 03:03 PM) *

A curious to know if there is a PN or other marking on it...suggesting that it is either a facotry part or aftermarket?
Al Meredith
I have one and there is no S/N on it . I looked in the AA catalog and George doesn't show one with a hose fitting . If Jim's deal does not go through Mine is available. Al
KevinW
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Apr 8 2022, 08:51 AM) *

QUOTE(KevinW @ Apr 7 2022, 03:03 PM) *

A curious to know if there is a PN or other marking on it...suggesting that it is either a facotry part or aftermarket?

I checked there isn’t a PN or any other markings.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(KevinW @ Apr 7 2022, 06:03 PM) *

KevinW is the best for coming to rescue with parts! first.gif
Van B
@Jim C
I can’t believe someone had one of those lol!!!
Al Meredith
I have a lot of parts like that , My Son says it is for a 1.8L AL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.