Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To do list
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaiden
Ok guys now comes the To Do List for the new ride.
I have to start with the easy stuff since I'm still waiting for my manuals to arrive.

1. Hook up CHT gauge- Done (last Night)
2. Install oil temp sender for 912 gauge
3. Hook up the Sub woofer in the center console (how do you get the console out? remove the shifter?)
4. Remove dash and wrap in vinyl
5. Clean engine and start hunting for the oil leaks.
6. Check valve adjustments
7. Check ignition points, dwell, timing. Is electronic ignition the way to go here?
8. Get a new fuel pump (mine is noisy as hell!)
9. Go for a nice ride driving.gif
10. Investigate the springs/shocks on the rear (I think there are lowering springs in the back cause the tires have rub marks but they have not rubbed yet for me.

SO what should I do first?

bd1308
DNHunt
Check brakes, pads, soft lines and redo if necessary.
Flush old brake fluid.
Check wheel bearings
Go through and retorque nuts on suspension and check parts for wear
Be safe first, it's easy to top off oil and you can clean anytime.

Dave
Jaiden
Hunt,
Brakes were just gone through by PO so that's a Go (I should double check the work. I do have to go over the car and look for loose bolts but I would need the manuals that I'm waiting for to know the torque specs.

I'm really looking to do the small things while I'm waiting but I will definitly take your advise.

To add one more point I need to replace my lift springs for the rear trunk lid and I also need to weld up the rear trunk hinge point, but I have heard that the springs can end up tearing the trunk lid, they obviously can do damage to the hinge point on the chassis. Maybe I will wait on this one and just use the lumber that I'm currently using.

Keep the ideas coming!!! I love working on the teener!!!
markb
How are the fuel lines? Don't wanna see it go up in flames. I've never regretted putting the elec ignition in mine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.