Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1973 914 1.7L Original Owner "SOLD"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jdennis
This car will be 50 years old next year!!! You would be the second owner of this car. I bought this gem new in 1973 from the Porsche-Audi dealer in La Mesa, California – a city in San Diego County. It was my car during my 15 years of bachelorhood. It’s been garaged since day one. For the first 200,000 miles I drove it to school, work, and ultimately for pleasure.
After approximately 200,000 miles I decided to rebuild the engine – even though it was not smoking or needed it – with all OEM (Kolbenschmidtr) parts – new jugs, pistons, rings, etc. I did the rebuild myself – I have journeyman certification as a Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic – and with a friends help. The rebuild was completed in 1994? And approximately 2,000 miles has been put on the car since the rebuild. The engine block and gearbox are the original and have matching numbers. One engine compartment modification performed was moving the fuel pump from the engine compartment to the front trunk (frunck) area. This was done to eliminate vaper locking, which was an issue in San Diego during hot summer months. The car is a California car and therefore has all the original smog crap. The car is in great running condition.
In 1999 I had a custom body shop take out all the door dings and ordered all new door seals and front and rear rubber bumpers. During this time the car was painted the original color with Porsche paint – Olympic Blue. The one modification from the original body style that is probably unnoticeable is the antenna location. It was moved from the front right fender to just behind the driver’s side rear deck that clears the roof and engine access pop-up lid. There is no substantial rust or rust throughs and has never been in an accidents!
The interior is original and is pristine except for a couple of cosmetic things. The shot-gun seat has a small (1 ½”) cut that has been sown with black heavy-duty thread and is almost undetectable. The original steering wheel was replaced with a fancy racing wheel. And the dashboard has a slight slit in it. It has a 1973 vintage Blaupunkt stereo that has amazing fidelity.
The car has been in storage for the last 20 years and recently I had Black Forest Porsche Audi replace all the fuel line, remove and clean the fuel tank, replace the master cylinder, back brake calipers and rotors, and clean up, paint, and weld in a new battery tray.
This car will come with the original Porsche owner’s manual, maintenance manual, all the other manuals that came with the car and various PCA manuals. I have recent maintenance receipts and I will try and locate all previous maintenance records from the time I purchased the car. I have also, over the years, purchased a variety of parts still in the original Porsche packaging that I never used or purchased as a spare – fuel filter, points, rear taillight lens etc.
I am asking $40K + escrow fees. Compare this one to the one sold at Sothely's auction 17 August 2019 for $67,200, although it's a 1974 2.0L. I also have a ski rack:-) https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/mo19/mon...e-914-20/792593

Here are four areas that need some attention :
1. The engine compartment needs detailing. This is cosmetic because the engine runs great.
2. Some heater plumbing on the passenger side? needs attention. I have all the parts, but haven't got to it since we don't have much use for heat in San Diego.
3. The front trunk under the spare tire could use some fresh paint.
4. When I replaced the steering wheel bearing recently (no more play in the steering wheel) I noticed the windshield fluid hoses to the steering wheel control mechanism need replacing. I have the hose but haven't got to it.
Here is a link to additional photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pnoLzq9dxnyW9PMCA
Sea Rooster
I don't see a price.
vitamin914
QUOTE(Sea Rooster @ Apr 8 2022, 05:25 PM) *

I don't see a price.

Last sentence…

“I am asking $40K”
Shackleford
Nice! Love that color!
slowrodent
Really handsome car. Love that color. Bunch of additional pics of potential problem areas would be very beneficial
Cairo94507
This car should sell immediately. Great car at a good price. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.