Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Low Fuel Light ... How much is left in tank?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie914
How much fuel is remaining in the fuel tank when the low fuel light is continuously illuminated?

Thanks.

Eddie

914/6 2.7
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Eddie914 @ Aug 2 2005, 08:17 AM)
How much fuel is remaining in the fuel tank when the low fuel light is continuously illuminated?

Thanks.

Eddie

914/6 2.7

2.5 gallons. But if you ask my wife, anytime it gets below 1/4 tank, she is telling me "we need gas". lol2.gif

914efi
It depends on how bouyant the float is, they tend to sink after a while (like 40 years).
michel richard
When I still had the 2.0 four, I used to figure that I easily had 30 or 35 miles of highway cruising after the light came on solid. Dunno how close I was coming to running out.

Michel Richard
DougC
One of my favorite features about my old BMW was the ability to know exactly how much fuel was in the tank through the OBC. Once the light came on I knew I had exactly 20 miles of driving before I was empty and walking. That was great and I will miss it on the 914..wish there was some way of adding it to the Porsche.

Doug C
pfierb
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Aug 2 2005, 06:18 AM)

Thanks.

Eddie

914/6 2.7

2.5 gallons. But if you ask my wife, anytime it gets below 1/4 tank, she is telling me "we need gas". lol2.gif

Got you beat my wife opts for us to stop at 1/2 tank,I think it is something in the genes.

Paul F.
Mark Henry
There's a light? huh.gif

Guess I've never let it get that low.
fatlando
i've only pushed mine to 17 miles before i got scared and cried for my mommy! I have a 75 2.0.

fat lando cool_shades.gif
STL914
QUOTE (pfierb @ Aug 2 2005, 07:18 AM)
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Aug 2 2005, 06:18 AM)

Thanks.

Eddie

914/6 2.7

Got you beat my wife opts for us to stop at 1/2 tank,I think it is something in the genes.

Paul F.

Paul,

Perhaps this is a fear she retained from the time she was dating you directly related to her "jeans". biggrin.gif
meares
just enough to get you to the 1st BP biggrin.gif
Rhodes71/914
Sorry I have to agree with the wives on this one. Get to a 1/4 tank and it's time to fill up, if the light comes on you've gone to far. Do you really want to risk the crud in the bottom of the tank clogging up you fuel filter. Oh sure you just cleaned your tank out. wink.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE (Eddie914 @ Aug 2 2005, 07:17 AM)

5 Liter ...
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (Eddie914 @ Aug 2 2005, 06:17 AM)

Thanks.

Eddie

914/6 2.7

Well, that depends on how fast you're taking the corner... laugh.gif
maxwelj
Well, that depends on how fast you're taking the corner...  
agree.gif

I was thinking it was 1.6 gallons (10%) of capacity, but it sure is fun to make it come on with 8 gallons remaining On a cloverleaf or on ramp... happy11.gif
jr91472
In my opinion, not nearly enough. But I really don't trust my fuel guage that much. When light is on solid, I pretty much panic.....

biggrin.gif

I agree with the comment above about not sucking all the garbage from the bottom of your tank. makes good sense
914fire
Aren't our fuel tanks gravity feed? So most of our fuel comes off the bottom anyway? and doesn't high speed cornering and driving hard on the twisties kepp everything stirred up? dry.gif
MartyYeoman
Next time you have the tank out (and dry), measure how much fuel it takes for the light to go out.
Inquiring minds want to know.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Marty Yeoman @ Aug 2 2005, 12:55 PM)
Next time you have the tank out (and dry), measure how much fuel it takes for the light to go out.
Inquiring minds want to know.

I just did that last night. It took 2.5 gallons to make the light turn off, and I could shake the car and the light would flicker.

Mike D.
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Aug 2 2005, 10:26 AM)
QUOTE (Eddie914 @ Aug 2 2005, 07:17 AM)

5 Liter ...

What is this thing you call....LITER? lol2.gif
michel richard
Not going too fast, 2.5 gallons would be close to 75 miles, no ?
MartyYeoman
Thanks, Clay clap.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Aug 2 2005, 07:18 AM)

Thanks.

Eddie

914/6 2.7

my wife is totally wacky....she has no problem "believing" that once the light comes on in the truck she has enough for 60 miles or more (big V8 motor) and in our other cars that have the computer telling her how many more miles before running out she thinks it doesn't lie screwy.gif

not me, a little less than 1/4 and I'm filling up.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.