Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3K stuck idle after 90 degree day, stalled and hard restart
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stingbee
Driving yesterday in California it was a hot 90F+ day. My '76 FI drove fine for grocery run. On way home, out of the blue, she stalled at stoplight. Did a very hard start with gas pedal mashed to floor, finally started up and she never idled below 3K from then on, I looked down and oil temp. gauge was dead...Drove about 5-10 more minutes to get home...After letting things cool down, hours later I went out to start and idle still very high 2.5K to 3K and won't come down....oil gauge is working again...WTF is going on?
emerygt350
You lost a hose I bet. Sounds like a vacuum leak. Check everything coming off the plenum. The decel, the mps, pcv stuff, you probably have some funky emissions related stuff too. Your retard hose to the distributor is about the right size for a 3k idle.
wonkipop
sure sounds like what emery says. would explain perhaps a high idle.
at least in a L jet, but you have a D jet. so.......i dunno about D jets.

the dead gauge is interesting!
Stingbee
Thanks for your input guys, PCV hose slipped off tube coupler, kind of a cheesy set up to begin with....but was an Easy fix, I installed wider zip-ties to hold hoses in place. Thanks again!
emerygt350
QUOTE(Stingbee @ Apr 14 2022, 05:49 PM) *

Thanks for your input guys, PCV hose slipped off tube coupler, kind of a cheesy set up to begin with....but was an Easy fix, I installed wider zip-ties to hold hoses in place. Thanks again!

Great to hear you found it, and it was easy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.