Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold-Dan Gurney Style Wheels - 6×rims $250 + postage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
frostyf
Hi,
I've just swapped my wheels and have 6 Dan Gurney style wheel rims for sale. Looking for $250 + postage. I've not cleaned them yet but will give them a clean up this week.

1 has quite a few kerb marks on it but the other 5 only have odd marks and I think will clean up pretty well. Perhaps a good driver set; hopefully have reflected that in the price.

3 of them have Dan Gurney industries Ltd marked on the inside with the 15.5 × 5.5" size. One other appears the same but has no marking on the inside (that I've found). The other two have a slotted face where they mate to the hub. Again tried to capture this in the photos.

I think Ive priced them competitively but let me know if you've got any questions.

Nick

Wheel 1Click to view attachment
Wheel 2Click to view attachment
Wheel 3Click to view attachment
Wheel 4Click to view attachment
Wheel 5Click to view attachment
Wheel 6Click to view attachment
Inside Wheel 1 (3 marked Dan Gurney Ind - 1 is unmarked) Click to view attachment
Inside slotted Wheel 4 (2 have this) Click to view attachment
930cabman
Great deal for someone. I had been looking for a set of these for quite sometime, and just purchased 914 #4 with a set of Gurney wheels.

As far as I know these were not available on a 914, but came on VW bugs limited production "Sunbug". Almost 50 years ago

GLWS
frostyf
Bump - still available
930cabman
Check your PM
frostyf
QUOTE(930cabman @ Apr 20 2022, 02:39 PM) *

Check your PM

930 Cabman, you're second in line behind Miketeener. I've provided him with postage costs but no response yet. Will be back in touch as soon as possible.

Best Nick
frostyf
Bump
jrmdir
I love mine! Here's a bit of history posted a while back (2011) by ConeDodger (Western also made the same wheel)

Ron

"A little history as provided to me by Harvey Weidman a few years back;

When I got my 914, it had Western Wheels. I thought this odd as it was an appearance group 2.0. It should have come with 2 liter Fuchs. My car was originally sold through a dealership in Southern California called Sierra Porsche Audi. Harvey just happened to be the parts manager there at the time my car was sold. Harvey says it was common practice to remove the 2 liter Fuchs, dismount the tires and put on a set of aftermarket alloys to pump up the invoice. They are neither lighter or better looking in particular. They just allowed the dealership to get a bigger margin on the sale. They could also sell the 'take-off' 2 liter Fuchs to someone else, maybe even you later on even though you had already paid for them on the invoice under 'Appearance Group' option.

They have one advantage to autocrossers. I believe the offset on most of the Western/Dan Gurney wheels was about 1/2" to the outside. This gives you a wider track and perhaps a bit better handling though I doubt most could tell..."
930cabman
QUOTE(frostyf @ Apr 23 2022, 05:17 PM) *

QUOTE(930cabman @ Apr 20 2022, 02:39 PM) *

Check your PM

930 Cabman, you're second in line behind Miketeener. I've provided him with postage costs but no response yet. Will be back in touch as soon as possible.

Best Nick

Where did miketeener come from? as far as I can tell my request was first.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.