Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what engine does my 914 have?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Just_a_guy
I just bought my very first 914! It’s a 1975 and needs a lot of work. it runs well and has been converted from the original fuel injection to a single carburetor. I wanted to find out if it was a 1.8 or a 2.0 attached is a photo with the engine code GC002117. From my research I believe it’s a 2.0 but the original owner told me it was a 1.8. What are the differences between these two engines? is the engine code enough to identify which it is? How many four-cylinder 2.0‘s were made? Does it make the car more valuable if it has a 2.0?

Thank you for any and all responses you guys are the best! I will be posting and interacting with this community a lot more in the future!Click to view attachment
Rick1952
Yes, It is a 1975 2.0 based upon the GC------. It is a USA/California engine with all of the smog equipment.
930cabman
Welcome aboard and yes the GC designation is a 1975 2.0.

Post some pics when you are able and how is she running?
emerygt350
I would want to see the heads to make sure nothing strange is going on.
Just_a_guy
QUOTE(930cabman @ Apr 12 2022, 05:13 PM) *

Welcome aboard and yes the GC designation is a 1975 2.0.

Post some pics when you are able and how is she running?

Idles fine and sounds great but needs new tires before I can actually drive it. The car used to be red and many years ago the previous owner painted it white and it is not looking so good… I plan on painting it red once again! The car came with three tote bins full of parts. previous owner was determined to restore it and had the engine taken out cleaned and all of the gaskets replaced (or so he says). Car hasn’t run in eight years but when I checked oil it was full and extremely clean.
Spoke
welcome.png

Good luck with your car. The single carb is a cheap fix when the original fuel injection is removed usually because of performance issues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.