Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hankook Tires..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
A friend of mine told me that there was a very reasonably priced Hankook brand tire that was developed as the Azenis "beater". Said he knew a couple of guys that used them to a/x and they liked them better than the Falkens.. he didn't know the model, anyone here know it? I want to see if they make it in a 225/50/15 for my street car.

Doug C
phantom914
Ventus R-S2 Z212

Tires!

Andrew
DougC
Dang! screwed for the size again..no 225/50/15.

Doug C
Joe Ricard
Not for me. Whoo hoo! that just might fit my 15 x 8 Diamond rims for the street.
DougC
Maybe I'll get the Nitto NT450 extreme performance ...they have those in 225/50/15. Treadwear is 300, VR rating and cheap.

Doug C
lapuwali
The latest Grassroots Motorsports has a writeup on AX tires, and Hankook is included there.
TonyAKAVW
Just had a set of the Hankook Ventus R-S2 V212 tires put on my 914. I got the 195/50/15 size as I have stock fenders. They were $64 each from Discount Tire Direct.

I haven't had the opportunity yet to drive them in any spirited way. My rear bearings have been making some noise for a while now so I'm in the process of replacing them. Hopefully by this evening I'll get on the road.

I did however take a couple corners at a fun speed and the tires didn't flinch at all. They appear to be very very sticky. My old tires were Dunlop SP Sport tires, so this is a definite change for me.

-Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.