Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FAT Upright Fan Shroud question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Charles Freeborn
The engine that came with my new track 914 also came with the 911 fan conversion from FAT. I haven't gotten a very good answer from Fat on what other tins I should install with it. Obviously upper and side tins are replaced, but how about the lowers? Any other sheetmetal or deflectors that are part of the system? It was all apart when I got it, and so far I've found (or not found) some other missing bits as it wasn't disassembled or cataloged upon disassembly very well.
Thx.
914werke
Pictures would help but from my minds eye,
the DTM shroud replaces both the L&R top tins as well as the relocation of the impeller makes the front 2 piece section unnecessary.
The back upright is still necessary as well as the tin section beneath/between the head & tubes and the tin wrapping the rear of the cylinders are necessary.
Not sure of the piece directing air to the stock oil cooler location nor on the opposite side for the alt?
Isn't the alt relocated?
Charles Freeborn
QUOTE(914werke @ Apr 15 2022, 09:54 AM) *

Pictures would help but from my minds eye,
the DTM shroud replaces both the L&R top tins as well as the relocation of the impeller makes the front 2 piece section unnecessary.
The back upright is still necessary as well as the tin section beneath/between the head & tubes and the tin wrapping the rear of the cylinders are necessary.
Not sure of the piece directing air to the stock oil cooler location nor on the opposite side for the alt?
Isn't the alt relocated?

Alternator is relocated. Also no oil cooler - all outboard. I'll snap pics as the engine and car come together. There are pics on the FAT site of their shroud.
infraredcalvin
Not that mine is right, I did blow it up after all, but mine only had the lower tin, under the cylinders installed, no other tin.
Charles Freeborn
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Apr 15 2022, 08:41 PM) *

Not that mine is right, I did blow it up after all, but mine only had the lower tin, under the cylinders installed, no other tin.

Many thanks. This appears to have been the case on mine. One lower tin in evidence, the other missing so I assume lost in the teardown at some point. The remaining one has some additional vent holes in it which I'll ponder when I get to reassembly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.