Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 GT Fuel Gauge Pod
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmascari
Hello, I am trying to find a radio delete fuel gauge pod for my 914-6 conversion project. I already have the fuel gauge but need to find the gauge mount. Does anyone know a source to purchase this mount? It looks like Sierra Madre has it on their website but it notes "in production".
mepstein
See if @MB911 / Ben will make you one. He's made them before.
Shivers
Can anyone tell me the size of the tube used? Thanks
915-1
PM'd you...I have one from SM (never used) that I bought a few years ago.
Retroracer
QUOTE(Shivers @ Apr 15 2022, 11:28 AM) *

If its a real VDO GT gauge fuel gauge (or a replica which uses a similar 60mm casing) then you'll need a 61mm (or greater) inner diameter tube. FYI,

- Tony
Maltese Falcon

If the gauge (example VDO) has an od of 2 ¹/16", then a tube size of 2 ⅛" od (16 ga.) will work.
Available at some metal yards/ tube warehouses.
Almost impossible to source tubing in mm sizes here in the States. I use a hydraulic swedge in order to bump a section of SAE tube into a Metric size.
marty914.jpg
Aerostatwv
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Apr 15 2022, 10:15 PM) *

If the gauge (example VDO) has an od of 2 ¹/16", then a tube size of 2 ⅛" od (16 ga.) will work.
Available at some metal yards/ tube warehouses.
Almost impossible to source tubing in mm sizes here in the States. I use a hydraulic swedge in order to bump a section of SAE tube into a Metric size.
marty914.jpg

May be a source for metric tubing: https://www.restoration-design.com/store/category/TUBE

Chris
Shivers
Thank you gentlemen.
Retroracer
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Apr 15 2022, 07:15 PM) *

marty914.jpg

So the VDO 914/6 GT fuel gauge uses a different, larger casing that the common 2 1/16" casings. The securing mechanism is different too. Pictures - of a replica - might help:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

also the genuine NOS item here: https://pbase.com/9146gt/factory_oem_9146gt...gauges_fuel_oem

FYI,

- Tony
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Apr 15 2022, 04:41 PM) *

If its a real VDO GT gauge fuel gauge (or a replica which uses a similar 60mm casing) then you'll need a 61mm (or greater) inner diameter tube. FYI,

- Tony

SAE tube size 2.375" od comes in at about 60mm...will need a bit of swedging to arrive at the 61mm id for the fitment of the larger (proper gt) VDO fuel gauge.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.